Christmas Pt 2

Jordan- 7

It was the time of year once again, Christmas time. White fluffy cold snow covered the streets and sidewalks of Chicago. Malls were packed with shoppers and so much more.

One afternoon in the Voight household Christmas music was playing in the living room just as the small family was decorating the house, Hank had just finished putting up the lights, Justin and Jordan were putting up the tinsel. Once the house was finished it was time for the tree.

"It's time for the tree". Hank tells him children.

"The tree's my favorite part". Jordan says excitedly.

Every year Hank and Justin always let Jordan put the star on top. Hank went to the hall closet to get the tree while Justin playfully chased his sister around. A moment later the older father returned with the tree and set it up. Once it was in the right position the small family began decorating it. Hank put the lights on first then Justin and Jordan put on the tinsel, he then pulled a box of ornaments out and gave them to his little girl.

"Be careful with them sweetheart". Hank says to her.

"I will daddy". Jordan assured her father.

Before going to the kitchen he looked to his son. "Watch her with them".

"You got it Pop".

He headed to the kitchen and started to make hot chocolate, he glanced into the living room to see his princess putting the ornaments on the tree. To see her happy and hearing her laughter always made him happy, his children's happiness meant the world to him as long as they were happy, healthy, and safe that's the only thing that mattered to him.

A moment later there was a knock on the door so Justin went to open it while Jordan continued with the ornaments. When he opened the door he saw it was his surrogate sister Erin holding bags.

"Hey Merry Christmas". Justin says, hugging her.

"Merry Christmas". Erin replies.

She then entered the house and peeked around the corner, the seven year old seen the woman and put the box down and ran to her.

"Merry Christmas Jordy". Erin greets her sister.

"Merry Christmas Erin". Jordan replied back happily.

"Whatcha doin?"

"Putting the ornaments on, wanna help?"

"I'd love to".

The two girl then began to finish up with the ornaments, Hank then came from the kitchen with a tray of hot chocolate. He put it down on the table then Jordan ran to him and he swept her up smiling as he brushed some hair behind her ear.

"Do you like the tree daddy?" Her voice was full of excitement.

"It's beautiful baby". Hank replied.

"It's missing something Jo Jo". Justin informs his sister.

"The star!"

Justin then got the star from the box and gave it to his sister, Hank then lifted her up a bit to put the star on and then the tree was complete.

"Now it's perfect". Jordan commented.

The small family stood around the tree admiring it.

Soon enough it was Christmas Eve night, the family was gathered in the living room watching all sorts of Christmas movies. Hank was sitting on the couch with his little girl curled into his side Justin was next to his sister and Erin was in the chair. It was now 9:30 and Jordan was slowly falling asleep the older father looked down to see his little girl struggling to stay awake.