Sick Pt 2

Jordan- 12

Her head was splitting. She couldn't stop coughing, she felt super nauseous. She was burning up. Jordan was sick. At the moment she was at school, she was coughing but tried to hide it she could barely keep her eyes open. The preteen was in her second class of the day but it felt like it was taking forever to finish, she was ready to give up and go to the nurse but she couldn't let her father find out.

Ever since she was hospitalized when she was younger from being sick as she got older if she had the flu, a cold, anything, Hank would watch her like a hawk. If she coughed or let out a sneeze he'd almost panic, he wanted to make sure that she didn't end up back in the hospital again for being ill. Jordan hadn't said anything because she didn't want her father to worry but she also knew sooner or later she would get caught.

The school day was finally over, Jordan slowly made her way to the bathroom as a wave of nausea washed over her she made it to the stall she got inside and locked the door before she could blink she was hunched over the toilet and threw up. Her throat hurt and it was on fire. After she was finished she wiped her mouth and threw the tissue in the toilet and flushed it the twelve-year-old left the bathroom and rinsed her mouth out in the sink and headed outside.

Antonio was outside waiting for Jordan, he offered to pick her up while Hank was doing an interrogation. When he saw the young girl slowly taking her time coming out he got concerned he then quickly went to her.

"Jo hey you alright sweetheart?" Antonio asked concerned.

"I'm...fine". Jordan replied weakly.

He felt her forehead and she was burning up. "Jo you're burning up".

"It's nothing, I'm fine".

"Let's get back to the District and tell you're dad".

Jordan looked wide-eyed at the Detective, as weak as she felt she had enough strength to do and say this. "No way! My dad can't know".

The Detective looked down at the twelve-year-old as if she lost her mind. "Jordan he has to know you're sick there's nothing wrong with being sick".

"I don't want him to worry that's all".

"Jo it's a parent's job to worry all the time with just about anything. I do, you're dad does, Alvin does. It's part of being a parent".

Jordan then lets out a harsh cough and the detective gently patted her back, after a moment she looked to him.

"Please don't tell him".

"Jo he's going to find out regardless, you of all people should know he finds out everything".

"Antonio please don't say anything".

"You realize you're gonna get us both in trouble right".

"I'll take the heat just don't tell him".

"Why don't you want him to know Jo?"

"When I was younger I was sick and I passed out, I remember waking up at the hospital. Now, whenever I get sick he worries a lot more and watches me like a hawk. If I were sick and I cough or even sneeze he tends to overreact a bit".

Antonio chuckled. "Jo almost every parent has done that at least once, it's also normal for them to overreact. It's parent's job to do all that and more".

"I just don't want him to worry, I'm sure it'll pass in a couple days".

"Normally I'd tell your dad right away but if this gets worse either you tell him or I will".

"I will".

"Jordan I mean it, you tell him or I will". His voice got serious.

"I will. I promise".