Until We Meet Again

*Requested*

*Quick note, I know the others don't officially meet Jordan till she's older so her identity will stay a secret during this chapter*

Jordan- 5

It was a hot summer day in Chicago and the temperatures were brutal, it was over 100 degrees but that hadn't stopped the criminals from committing crimes. Hank had taken his now 5 year-old daughter, Jordan to the 21st District where his one best friend, Trudy Platt was assigned. She was assigned to the patrol unit and was stuck on desk duty after an injury years prior.

Hank trusted very few knowing about his daughter's existence, the less people knew about her the better it would be when it came to protecting her. With him, his son and Erin all at work he had brought his young daughter to Trudy. She'd be protected and watched in one of the most secure places in the city.

He, Kenny, Jimmy and a few others had a take down that day and they wanted zero mistakes. As Hank walked into the district it was sure enough busy with the patrol officers all over the place. Some getting off, others about to start the day in the blistering heat. He made sure to keep a hold of his daughter's hand.

Once getting through the crowd Hank bent down to make sure his daughter was good. He slightly brushed her pink tank top and shorts then fixed her ponytail. Jordan giggled.

"Daddy, I'm ok"

"Just wanna make sure sweetheart. You remember the rules when you're with Aunt Trudy right?"

She nodded holding tight to her backpack straps. "I remember daddy"

"That's my girl"

"There's two of my favorite people" Came a woman's voice, it was none other than Trudy.

"Hey Trudy" Hank greeted her.

"Hi Aunt Trudy," Jordan beamed with a smile.

"And my favorite little one" Trudy returned the smile. "Ready to spend the day with me?"

She nodded eagerly. Turning she hugged her father and went to her godmother's desk. Hoisting her goddaughter on a chair she put a couple of coloring books and activities out for her while she began giving her patrol officers their work for the day.

The morning passed smoothly and soon it was noon, Jordan had colored in her coloring books and played with her toys she had brought. She was growing bored by the minute, she wanted to play outside but her father said it was far too hot to be outside. The heat was soaring well over a hundred degrees with the heat index. In Chicago, the winters were harsh and freezing. The summers were blazing and brutal.

She'd also been drinking a lot of water to stay hydrated. Soon the little five-year-old had been dancing in her chair trying to hold going to the bathroom. Just as she hopped down her godfather, Alvin Olinsky had walked in. He was on medical leave after being shot in the arm. He said he was fine but the department wanted to be sure. Seeing her godfather Jordan ran around and ran to hug him.

"Uncle Alvin!"

The older man smiled and bent down picking up his young goddaughter. "Hey sweetpea"

"Is your arm better?"

"It's much better, now if only the crazy department would listen" His tone was playful.

She giggled. "You're funny Uncle Alvin"

He gently set her down by his side and ruffled her hair. Two officers had walked in, one was a tall tanned skin Latino male with dark hair combed back. Next to him was an average looking guy. Brown hair, blue eyes. Jordan looked shyly at them with a smile.

Antonio Dawson and Jay Halstead arrived at the 21st looking for some assistance for a bust Antonio is trying to pull off for his unit. He had called Jay in for back up. Looking they saw the little girl by Alvin, they figured she was his daughter. She waved at them shyly while hiding behind her godfather, they returned the smile and wave.

Antonio looked to Alvin. "Is she yours?"

"She's my goddaughter" The less people, even cops, the better.

"She's adorable, what's her name?"

Alvin hesitated he wasn't gonna just give his goddaughter's name out to the officers in front of him. Before he could answer Trudy had come over with a file pack for the two and a few officers to help. With all the adults had been busy Jordan had snuck off to the bathroom, she wasn't able to hold herself anymore.

Looking around she saw all the different doors and rooms but not the bathroom until she found it. Pushing the larger door she went inside and went to a stall. The bathroom had been getting redone and she had gone into one of the broken stalls. Locking the metal door she began to do her business.

When she was done she flushed and the toilet hadn't flushed instead it backed up, she tried to unlock the door but the lock jammed inside and wouldn't open. The five-year-old had been getting scared

"Aunt Trudy! Uncle Alvin! Someone help! Daddy!' She cried trying to pry the broken door open with her small hands.

After getting Antonio and Jay on their way and Alvin left, Trudy had gotten curious as to where her goddaughter had gone before she could go look for her another officer had come in with a young looking guy that had been his son.

"Oh my god, ladies and gentlemen it's Disco Bob" Trudy says with a smile. "And this is your son, Adam right?"

"That's right. How ya doing Trudy?" Bob Ruzek spoke, returning the smile.

Adam Ruzek loved going with his father. He was going to follow in his footsteps and be like his father, he was going to go to the police academy and be a cop. He had been getting bored and slipped away from his father and began wandering around the district.

He was walking near the bathrooms when he heard a little girl crying. Jordan had been in the locked stall for what seemed like forever but had only been close to an hour. With all the officers gone, nobody had heard her. She kept shaking and hitting the door. After taking a break from beating and shaking the door she wiped her eyes of the tears she finally looked down and saw the opening at the bottom.

Dropping to the dirty tile floor she crawled her way out of the stall, she brushed her clothes off and brushed her hair back. Quickly washing her hands she bumped into a larger figure she looked up and saw a young guy. Adam was about to go in he felt a bump against him, looking down he saw a little girl.

He had bent down to her level. "You alright kiddo? You look like you were crying" he noticed her brown eyes were a pinkish red.

"I got stuck in the potty for a long time the door wouldn't open, I crawled out"

"That does sound scary. Where's your mom or dad?"

"My mommy died and my daddy is at work, he's a police detective. I'm here with Aunt Trudy today"

"That's cool, how old are you?"

"I'm 5"

"That's cool. My name's Adam, what's yours?"

Just as she was about to answer him Trudy came up. "There you are, I was wondering where you went honey, Adam your father is looking for you. You guys gotta go"

Jordan looked to Adam curiously. "Will I ever see you again Adam?"

He smiled at her. "I'm sure we will meet again kiddo"

She hugged him and went to Trudy, as the little girl walked with Trudy she glanced back at Adam. They would meet again one day.