Caught

*Picks up from Fighting*

Jordan- 9

It's been a few days since Jordan's fight and now her eye wasn't red any more it was going from a blue purplish color to a yellow color she'd been using Erin's makeup to hide it from her father but she knew sooner or later he'd find out. She was just glad that Justin hadn't said anything. One morning she had gotten ready for school she was wearing a short sleeve red shirt with blue jeans, her red converse and she pulled her hair into a ponytail. She had to quickly cover up her eye before her father finds out just as she was about to start her bedroom door opened with Hank entering.

"Jo time- what happened to your eye?" Hank asked. His voice rose a little bit which made Jordan shrink a little.

"Ran into a door?" Jordan replied nervously, giving him a nervous smile.

"Jordan don't make me ask again".

When Jordan didn't say anything Hank then called for his son. "Justin!"

"Yeah Pop". Justin says entering the room. When he saw that Jordan was holding her head down and the look in his father's eyes he knew that he found out. "Bye Pop".

"Justin get back in here. Did you know about this". Hank says to his son.

"Know about what?"

He then gave a warning glare to both his children, Jordan never got the look but when she shrank down more. Justin was use to the look by now but he knew sooner or later he might crack.

"Yes I know about it". Justin says quietly.

"Justin". Jordan said. She had felt betrayed by her brother when he told.

"And why didn't you say anything?" Hank asked.

"We didn't want you to worry and we didn't think it was that big of a deal".

"Not big of a deal? She has a black eye in my book that's a big deal".

The siblings knew their father made a big deal if one of them were hurt, sick, anything. Hank took a deep breath and pinched the bridge of his nose. "Justin let me talk to your sister for a minute".

Jordan looked away as her father sat down beside her, she didn't wanna tell him because she didn't know how he'd take it.

"What happened sweetheart". Hank says.

"I don't wanna talk about it". Jordan replied, not looking at him.

"Why not".

"I just don't want too".

"Jo I'm sure if you tell me you'll feel a lot better".

"If I tell you promise you won't get mad".

"That depends on what you tell me".

"I...I got into a fight at school with another kid".

"About".

"He was making fun of me because I don't have a mom all I have is you, Justin, Erin and the others. I punched him and he hit me back he also shoved me on the ground and my side's been hurting. I wasn't planning on fighting at school he was just talking about my mom and I was defending her nobody talks about my family and gets away with it".

Part of Hank felt proud and the other part felt sadness. He felt the sadness because his little girl didn't have her mother around. He was proud because she had defended her family and her mother's honor.

"Jo next time be the bigger person and walk away. And never again hit someone unless they hit you first, once they hit you first then you can fight back. Understand sweetie".

"Yes".

"So this kid you want me to have a word with him?"

The nine year old chuckled, her father and brother always had the same mind set at time. "No dad I got my message across very well".

"Finish getting ready for school or we'll be late".

"Alright".

Hank kissed her head then left the room while she finished getting ready,the young girl went to her closet and pulled out a blue jean jacket putting it on. Justin then re entered his sister's room.

"Jo I'm sorry for telling dad, I told you he finds out one way or another". Justin says to her.

"I'm not mad at you Justin, I just didn't expect to be caught off guard by dad". Jordan replied.

"Let's go before you're late".

Jordan grabbed her backpack and the two siblings left the house. The day had went by quickly the family was back home as soon as Hank got home he checked on Jordan and looked at her eye.

"Does it still hurt sweetheart?" Hank asked, looking at her eye.

"A little but not as bad". Jordan replied.

The older father got up and went to get some ice from the freezer he got an ice pack and wrapped it in a towel going back out to her. "Here put this on your eye".

The nine year old took it and put it on her eye then hissed at the coldness but held it to the injured eye. She then headed up to her room Justin was in the kitchen doing the dishes from dinner when Hank went back to the kitchen.

"I'm sorry I didn't tell you Pop, we didn't think it was that big of a deal to say anything". Justin said.

"Son it's my job to worry about you and Jo, to you and her it may not be a big deal but to me it's a big deal". Hank replied.

"Next time I'll tell you I promise".

"That's all I ask".

Hank then went up to check on his little girl, Jordan was sitting on her bed watching tv she wasn't really paying attention to it she was lost in her thoughts and was broken from them when she heard her door open and her father came in.

"Hey dad". Jordan said.

"Hey sweetheart". Hank says.

He then sat down next to her. "Jo next time don't be afraid to tell me something like this next time".

"I didn't want you to overreact like you always do".

"I don't always overreact".

Jordan gave her father a pointed look. "Dad you always overreact, you do it with the smallest things".

"That's my job as a dad to overreact and worry especially when you get hurt or you're sick".

"I understand".

"Good".

The young girl then hugged her father and Hank held her tightly.

"I love you daddy".

"I love you too baby".

The older father then chuckled as he pulled away. "I can't believe you tried to hide that from me you should know by now I find out everything. No matter what it is".

"I did try and I failed miserably".

"That you did".

Jordan was then falling asleep in her father's side so carefully Hank laid her on the bed covering her up and taking the ice pack from her. He saw his little girl fast asleep and he kissed her head.

"Sleep tight princess". He whispered.

He then quietly left the room leaving the door cracked he then headed downstairs to put the ice away. There was one thing on his mind, people should learn to never cross a Voight or they'll have consequences to pay.