Meeting The Team

Jordan- 12

One day Hank had to run down to the District to do some last minute he decided to bring Jordan since he couldn't get a baby sitter at the last second. The twelve year old was excited she was able to see where her father works, sometimes she always stayed with someone but today she was finally gonna see where he works. They finally arrived at the 21st and head inside, she's been at the 21st before so she was a little familiar with some of the people.

"Well there's a VIP here. How you doing Jo". Trudy says to her goddaughter.

"Hi, Aunt Trudy. Today I get to see where dad works". Jordan replies in a excited tone.

"I bet that'll be exciting".

"It is".

Hank had a smile on his face when he heard the excitement in his daughter's voice, her happiness meant the world to him. He took a hold of her shoulder gently guiding her towards the steps he scanned his hand and punched in his code, the gate opened Jordan pushed it jogging up the steps with her father in tow.

When she got to the top and saw the squad her eyes were wide, the squad was big. There were a few desk, she saw the office in the back next to the lounge. She saw a few people there, Erin was at her desk, Alvin was at his, the twelve year old met Antonio a couple of times but she didn't recognize the other two people.

"Listen up!" Hank calls to his team.

Everyone lifts their heads up from their work to see Hank with Jordan in front of him.

"I wanna introduce you all to my daughter, Jordan. Jo this is my team you already know Erin and Alvin, this is Antonio Dawson, Julie Willhite, and that is Jay Halstead".

"Nice to meet you Jordan". Jules says, shaking the young girl's hand.

"Nice to meet you too". Jordan gave the blonde woman a smile.

"Good to see you again Jordan". Antonio spoke, shaking her hand.

"Hey Antonio".

The twelve year old went over and hugged her sister and godfather, she then went over and shook Jay's hand.

"Hi Jay nice to met you". Jordan said, shaking his hand.

"Nice to meet you too". Jay replied, giving her a smile.

Jordan blushed a little when Jay gave her a smile, she went to the lounge while the team could get to work. Hank went to check on his daughter before going to his office.

"As soon as I'm finished my work we'll go". Hank tells her.

"Ok". Jordan says.

He kissed her head leaving her in the lounge as he went to his office. The young girl was bored it's been a half hour since she and her father arrived to the District she didn't think paperwork took this long. Jay had gotten up from his desk heading to the lounge for a cup of coffee, Jordan smiled and blushed when he entered the room but she hid it.

"Hi Jay". Jordan says nervously.

"Hey Jordan". Jay replies with a smile.

"You can call me Jo everyone else does".

"Ok Jo, how old are you?"

"I'm 12".

"What do you wanna do when you're older?"

"Be a cop like my dad".

Erin then entered the lounge getting some coffee. "Hey what are you guys talking about".

"Just getting to know each other". Jay answered.

"Are you liking it here so far Jo?" Erin asked her sister.

"It's awesome, I love it here". Jordan replies.

"Have you been to your dad's work before?" Jay asked.

"No my dad usually has someone keep an eye on me, he doesn't bring his work home with him".

"Well it was nice to meet you Jo, I look forward to seeing you around".

"Same here Jay".

When the detective left the room it was just the two sisters, Erin saw the look on Jordan's face and smirked. "Looks like someone has their first crush".

"W-what? No I don't". Jordan stammered.

"Jo I know you better than anyone and I know that look on your face you have a crush on Jay".

"He is cute".

"You better make sure you're dad doesn't find out".

"He won't find out and I don't have a crush on Jay".

"Keep telling yourself that Jordy".

After finishing her coffee Erin went back to her desk leaving Jordan alone in her thoughts. After a while Hank was finished with his work so he went to the lounge to get his daughter.

"TIme to go sweetheart". Hanks says.

"Coming". Jordan said.

The father and daughter wished everyone a good night and left, during the whole ride home Jordan couldn't stop thinking about Jay. Hank looked over at his little girl.

"How was it meeting the team?" He asked.

"They all seem cool". Jordan replied.

"I'm glad you got along with them".

"Dad do you think instead of me staying at home after school can I come to the District?"

"Sure sweetheart".

That night when Jordan went to bed she still couldn't stop thinking about Jay, maybe Erin was right. She did have her first crush the only thing was she couldn't let her father find out.