Day with Kenny

Jordan- 7

One afternoon Hank had gotten called into work and couldn't find a babysitter, Justin was at work, Erin was sick, Alvin was out of town with his family, and Trudy was at work as well. He then got an idea the older man had an idea he pulled his phone out and called one of his old friends.

"I need a favor". He said into the phone.

Jordan was watching tv when there was a knock at the door she was still too involved with the cartoon to notice. Hank went and opened the door to see his friend Kenny Rixton, the two bro hugged and stepped inside.

"What's up man". Kenny said.

"I got called in and I was hoping you wouldn't mind watching Jo for me". Hank says to his friend.

"I don't mind at all".

Kenny loved the young girl he treated her as if she was his niece he had babysat the seven year old numerous times, he'd do anything for her.

"Thanks man I owe you".

Hank then went over to his little girl and cut the tv off finally getting her attention.

"Sweetheart, I have to go to work now so Kenny is gonna watch you".

"Hey Jo". Kenny greeted his young niece.

"Uncle Kenny!" Jordan says excitedly and ran to him

The two men chuckled just as the seven year old crashed into her surrogate uncle and hugged him.

"Jo, I want you to listen to Kenny and do what he tells you to do alright". Hank says to his daughter.

"Ok daddy". Jordan said.

"That's my girl".

The older father then picked his little girl up and hugged her then kissed her head, Jordan held on tightly to her father then kissed his cheek. He sat her down then left the house. After her father left Jordan looked up at her uncle.

"Uncle Kenny can we go to the park?" Jordan asked.

"Sure go get your jacket it's a bit chilly out". Kenny replied.

Jordan went up to get a jacket from her room, Kenny felt uneasy being out in public with the young girl. He'd do just about anything to protect his young niece but he also knew that Hank had enemies, he had enemies who'd do just about anything to get under their skin. Almost everyone in Chicago has heard of Voight and didn't do anything to cross him, some people either feared him or tried to cross him but failed.

Kenny was broken from his thoughts by his young niece coming down the stairs.

"Ready Uncle Kenny". Jordan says excitedly.

"Let's go sweetie".

He took her hand and left the house, he locked it up tightly then the two headed to the park. During the walk the detective had kept his guard up for any possible threats, nobody was gonna do anything to his niece.

After walking a few more minutes the two arrived at the playground, before Kenny let go of his niece's hand he bent down to her level.

"Alright Jo, go play have some fun but don't go anywhere I can't see you. Don't talk to anybody you don't know". Kenny tells his niece.

"Ok Uncle Kenny". Jordan agrees.

"Go on and stay where I can see you".

"I will".

The seven year old ran to the playground away from her surrogate uncle, the older man smiled. He watched his niece as she played, she would be on the slide then go from there to the swing a smile appeared on his face.