The Birds and The Bees

Jordan- 12

Jordan was in the lounge of the District working on her homework, she was on her health homework. Recently she was learning about sex and it made her curious. She put her work away for a minute so she could ask about it, the twelve year old knew that would be an uncomfortable talk with her father so she'd ask Erin about it. A moment later Erin had walked in to get a cup of coffee.

"Hey Jordy, whatcha doin?" Erin asked pouring the coffee.

"Finishing up some homework. Can I ask you something?" Jordan replied.

"Sure sweetie what is it?" She sipped some of the hot coffee.

"What's sex?"

Erin choked on her coffee as she looked wide eyed at her sister, Jordan looked a bit confused as if she said something wrong.

"Are you ok?"

"I'm fine, sweetheart that's a conversation you should have with your dad not me".

"But having that kinda conversation with dad will seem weird and awkward".

"It's weird with any parent not just dads".

"Would you be there when I talk to him about it?"

"Of course I will".

After the work day was over Hank and Jordan headed home, the twelve year old was a bit nervous to speak to her father about this alone. She'd feel better once Erin would be with her, in her mind she'd hope it would be a lot less awkward if another girl was with her.

The father and daughter arrived home to see Justin just finishing dinner, the young girl knew it wouldn't be the right time to have this conversation. She wished at times like this she had her mother around so it wouldn't be very awkward but growing up with a strict overprotective father and brother, in an all male environment she felt nervous about discussing like this with either of them but she knew sooner or later she'd get the talk.

As the small family ate dinner Jordan still hadn't brought it up she wanted to wait till afterwards. After they ate Hank gathered up all the dishes and brought them to the kitchen to wash them and Jordan followed her father, just as he was setting the dishes into the sink he glanced to see his little girl standing there.

"What's up sweetheart?" Hank asked.

"Dad I was hoping I could talk to you about something". Jordan replied.

"What is it?"

"What's sex?"

Hank then looked straight forward and wide eyed when he heard that question come from his daughter. Closing his eyes and taking a deep breath he really wished times like this Anna was here to have this talk with Jordan. He couldn't believe that he had to give her the talk, it was a moment he'd be unready and unprepared for. Jordan had always been his little girl, his baby, his princess, giving her the talk was a sign she was growing up. Something he didn't like, he wanted his little girl to stay little forever but that couldn't happen.

"Sweetheart we'll have that conversation tomorrow for now go get ready for bed and I'll be up to check on you in a few minutes". Hank finally got his voice back.

"Ok".

The young girl then left the kitchen and went up to her room to get ready for bed, Justin got a confused look on his face as he entered the kitchen and looked to his father.

"What was that about Pop?" Justin asked.

"I think it's time we gave Jo the talk". Hank answered.