Sick

Jordan- 3

Hank Voight had woken up randomly during the middle of the night he didn't know if it was his father instincts kicking in but something told him to go check on his young daughter, Jordan. Jordan had turned three last month and she was a little ball of energy, when he had gotten custody of her when she was 5 month old he made a vow to protect her at all cost.

He walked to the toddler's room and heard her whimpering, he thought it was a nightmare but when he entered the room he turned the light on and saw Jordan holding her stomach and he immediately rushed over.

"Jo hey what's wrong sweetheart". Voight asked his daughter in a gentle tone.

"Daddy...don't feel good". She whined.

"I'm gonna check your temperature then I'm gonna call Erin".

"Can I stay wif you daddy?"

When she used the puppy dog eyes Hank knew he couldn't say no to her especially while she's sick.

"Alright we're going to my room". He then carefully lifted her up just as she wrapped her arms around his neck, laying her head on his shoulder.

He felt the heat coming off her small body and knew she had a fever, once they had reached his room he gently sat her on the bed and went to get the thermometer from the medicine cabinet. Jordan felt something lurch in her stomach and when she climbed off the bed she tried to run for the bathroom but didn't make it in time, she had puked on the floor some of the vomit had ended up on her pajamas. Right when Voight walked back into his room he smelt vomit and heard Jordan crying.

"I'm sorry daddy I didn't mean too".

"It's alright Jo it was an accident, I'm not mad".

He walked around the vomit and brought Jordan back to the bed he then placed the thermometer in her ear and after a moment it registered her temperature which was 102. 2.

"Well you got a temp kiddo, let me call Erin to see if she can pick you up some medicine".

"Can you hold me?"

"Yeah I can do that".

He then carefully picked up the sick toddler and began cradling her in one arm while he used his free one to call Erin.

-Hello. Erin answered, her voice heavy with sleep.

-Erin I need a favor. Voight replies.

-What's up? She is now wide awake.

-Would you mind going to get Jo some medicine I'm all out.

-Sure I'll be over in 15 minutes.

-Thanks.

-No problem.

He then hung up the phone with his surrogate daughter and tended to his sick little girl, he rocked her gently not wanting to upset her stomach he heard her soft snoring from his shoulder and knew she was asleep. A couple minutes later there was a soft knock on his door Voight immediately wanted to go for his spare gun but not with his young daughter around he then carefully went to the door and heard Erin from the other side.

"Hank it's me". Erin called through the door.

He then quietly unlocked the door and opened it to see his surrogate older daughter there with a small bag full of medications.

"Thanks for doing this, I'd do it but I won't take Jo out into the cold while she sick".

"It's not a problem, I love helping out with my little Jordy".

"Hey Jo time to wake up sweetheart, it's time for some medicine". Hank gently wakes up his youngest.

The sick toddler begins to squirm in her father's hold till she wake ups. "Yes daddy". She says in a raspy voice.

"Erin brought you some medicine".

"Erin's here?" The toddler always got excited when her older sister visited.

"Hi Jordy, daddy tells me you're not feeling too well". Erin says.

"I don't, everything hurts and I'm hot".

"Well I'm sure we can fix that right away".

While Voight adjusted Jordan in his arms Erin got her medicine prepped once that was finished she gave it to the toddler without a fight.

"Atta girl Jo". Voight praises his youngest.

"Erin can you stay please?" The toddler asks.

The older woman gave her sister a smile. "Of course I can".

"We can have a camp out in the living room".

The two adults chuckled even if Jordan was sick she knew how to put a smile on their faces, it was gonna be an eventful night with a sick Jordan.