Nightmares Pt 2

*A week after Voight goes to jail*

Jordan- 11

It's been a week since Hank had went to jail and during that time Jordan had moved in with Erin and the eleven year old took it hard. First her brother was in jail now her father. She was angry, the first couple of days she cried really hard. Recently she had started having nightmares.

Late one night Erin was on the couch in her apartment watching tv as she sipped on some hot tea, it was past midnight and she was exhausted. Jordan had went to bed after 9 and since then she stayed up made some tea and began flipping through the channel and settled on some movie. The whole time the movie was on Erin didn't pay attention to it at all, she was worried about her sister now that Hank was in jail she didn't know if Jordan would act out or not. She didn't know what the eleven year old would do, act, any of it and that's what really feared Erin.

Erin got up from the couch and headed to her kitchen to get some more tea, once her cup was refilled she headed back to the couch as soon as she set the cup down on the table she heard a scream coming from Jordan's room not knowing what's happening she grabbed her gun just in case.

Jordan was tossing and turning in the bed, her face covered in sweat, tears coming down her cheeks rapidly. Soon enough she sat up and screamed. Erin opened the door to see no threat in the room instead she'd seen her sister screaming and crying from a nightmare. Putting her gun away she tended to the eleven year old, going over to the bed she gently pulled Jordan into her arms. With her eyes still shut the young girl didn't know who was holding her which made her fight against the person.

"Shh it's alright Jordy, it's only me. You're alright it's just a nightmare. It's ok". Erin soothed her.

Opening her eyes her vision was blurry and teary, she glanced up to see Erin holding her. She gripped onto her tightly as she cried, the entire time as she cried the only thing that the older woman could do was old her and comfort her.

"It' ok Jordy, everything's alright sweetie, shh it's ok now. You're alright".

"I-I's not a-alright". Jordan sobbed.

After a couple minutes Jordan had calmed down and wiped her wet cheeks, she remained in Erin's hold for just a bit longer. Erin stroked the young girl's hair back and rocked her, it was the same thing Hank would do when the eleven year old was upset.

"Want some hot chocolate?" Erin asked.

"Yes please". Jordan whispered.

"Let's go honey".

The two headed out to the kitchen and Erin started a pot of water while Jordan put cocoa mix into two cups. While the water was boiling Erin still noticed the saddened and painful look on her sister's face.

"Wanna talk about it? It might help".

"It was about dad going to jail and he never came back, I was all alone. Mom's gone, Justin's gone, now daddy's gone too".

A second round of tears came as Jordan started sobbing again, Erin brought her sister in a hug and let her have a good cry. The water was finished boiling so Erin carefully poured the hot water in the cups and mixed it they went to sit down at the table and began talking.

"Jordy I want you to listen to me very carefully. Yes you're dad and Justin are in jail but they're not gone forever just a little while they'll be back before you know it".

"But dad he didn't do anything why'd he go to jail?"

Erin paused for a moment she couldn't tell her the truth it would destroy her even more. "I can't tell you that sweetheart. If you want what if we visit them?"

The eleven year old's eyes lit up like a Christmas tree. "Really? We could visit them?"

"Of course we can. I'll tell you what I'll make some arrangements at work and at your school so we can go visit your dad and Justin".

"Thank you Erin! Thank you!"

Jordan leaped into her arms hugging her, Erin wrapped the young girl into a warm soft hug. "Anything for you sweetheart. One more thing".

"What?"

"You will never ever be alone, you're dad and Justin may not be here right now but you have me, Alvin, Meredith, Lexi, and Trudy, were all here for you. You'll never be alone or feel alone".

"Thanks Erin".

"Anytime kiddo, let's watch some cartoons".

Jordan put on some reruns of old cartoons she was curled up next to Erin her eyes slowly began drooping she tried to stay awake but failed. Erin looked down to see the young girl fast asleep again she ran her fingers through her hair and kissed her head. It was now up to her to keep Jordan safe, happy, and healthy, and with some help from the others Erin was determined to make it happen. Come hell or high water she was gonna protect Jordan at any given cost.