Unexpected Reunion Pt 3

*Will mention SVU. Picking up from the last chapter*

Jordan- 8

"But daddy, I'm not finished swimming yet" Came a protest from Jordan as Hank went to get her from the pool.

"I know sweetheart but it's just too hot out and I don't want you getting sick" Hank tells her.

He hated lying to her but her safety came first and what his cousin had told him made him go on high alert. Elliott was on the phone updating his boss and team back in New York about the threat.

Jordan was disappointed but she followed her father's lead and quickly slid her clothes back while her father took the bag, throwing it over his shoulder and hoisted his daughter onto his hip. After Elliott's phone call he followed Hank's direction out of the pool area.

They rushed to the car and Hank put his daughter inside and buckled her in, once making sure his daughter was safe and secure he closed the door and turned back to his cousin.

"What was that Elliott?" Hank asked.

"He called me, he told me I better drop the case otherwise there'll be consequences. The consequences are... he threatened you and Jordan. He knew what Jordan was wearing"

That had fired Hank up hearing the fact his daughter was threatened and brought up. He didn't care about himself, he was very well capable of defending himself. But Jordan wasn't, she was an innocent little girl that didn't do anything to anyone.

"I think it's time to get to work. Let me find someone to watch Jordan and I'll call some people I know and we'll track this bastard down" Hank said.

"I've updated my team in New York. My captain told us to be cautious, he wanted to send someone else from my team out. I told him not to but he still might" Elliott replied.

"Let's go back to my place and I'll get Jo ready to go somewhere safe. Nobody threatens my family"

The two men got back in the car and Hank drove off, while he was driving an unknown van started following them. As Hank was driving he looked in the side mirror and saw the van following them.

"Hank, everything ok?" Elliott saw his cousin distracted.

"We're being followed. Hold on"

Hank made a sharp turn and went down a side street hoping to lose the vehicle. Jordan jerked a little in the backseat at the sharp turn. The older father looked back at his daughter.

"I'm sorry sweetheart" He tells her.

"Daddy what's wrong?" Jordan's voice was small and held some fear.

"Nothing honey, it's gonna be alright"

"Hank, look out!" Elliott called loudly.

When Hank looked back it was the van that was previously following them, the van was racing down the street. Hank had hit the break hard just as the van had crashed into the front of the car.