Help

*Fanfiction Request*

Jordan- 11

One day Jordan was at school, she had went to her first class for the day and a moment later her friend Makayla had came in the class. The young girl was limping and she was very depressed, when Jordan had seen her she got concerned. What happened with her friend? She was just fine a day ago and now this. What was going on?

Makayla had sat next to her friend it hurt when she took her backpack off her shoulder, she hissed in pain and the whole time Jordan looked at her concerned.

"Are you ok Makayla?" Jordan asked her friend.

"I'm fine, just fell down the stairs last night". Makayla replied, pain filled her voice.

The eleven year old didn't believe that, she knew that her friend was lying but decided to not chase it. After their class all the kids headed to lunch and then recess. It wasn't cold anymore it was a nice spring day.

When Jordan seen her friend sitting by herself wearing a sweater she got more concerned she headed over to her friend and sat down.

"Hi Jo". Makayla spoke softly.

"Hi. What's wrong?" Jordan replies.

"I'm not allowed to say".

"If you tell me I can help you".

"If I do, you can't and repeat can't tell anyone".

Jordan swallowed hard, she couldn't break a promise to her friend but if she was in trouble she had to tell someone.

"I won't".

Makayla took her sweater off, and Jordan gasped, she saw bruises littering her arms, she saw bruises on parts of her legs. The young girl's stomach twisted in knots the whole time, is this what her father had to do at work? It was no wonder why he acted the way he acted after a case involving children.

"What happened?"

"My dad, ever since my mom died he hits me and does all this. I don't know what to do Jo, if I say what's going on they're gonna take me and I don't have no other family".

"Being taken away is a lot better than being hit, I know people who could help".

"Really?"

"Yeah. My dad's a cop, so are two of my godparents. I can talk to one of them".

"I don't know Jo".

"I'm going to the District after school, I can talk to one of them".

"I don't want my dad to find out, he has a nasty temper".

"So does my dad. I'm going to talk to one of them as soon as I get there".

"What do I do in the meantime?"

"Act as if you never told me, if you feel like you're in trouble or you are in trouble call me".

"Thanks Jo".

"Anytime".

The school day was over and Jordan headed to the District, her mind kept going back to her friend. How can someone do that to a kid? How was her father and the others able to stomach that? She now knew why he was the way he was after cases that involved children.

After a ten minute walk to the District the young girl headed inside, she waved to a few of the patrolman. Trudy was at her desk finishing giving out orders to her officers, she looked to see her goddaughter.

"Hey sweetheart, how was school?" Trudy says.

"It was ok. Is my dad or any of the others here?" Jordan replied.