Jimmy Shi meets Jordan

*Fanfiction request* 

Jordan- 7

Being a Detective in the gang unit Hank made sure to keep his work life and personal life completely separate. Everyone who has heard of him has heard of his son but they never once heard of Jordan. Only a few people know about her and the little they know the better. Hank never liked bringing up his family at the job because you never know who's listening or watching and he wasn't gonna put his children in danger.

One of his partners, Jimmy Shi knows that Hank is hiding something but didn't know what. He didn't wanna go behind his friend's back and ask Alvin he wasn't that kind of person he was determined to find out though.

After finishing his work up he decided to go to Hank's office he seen the older man on his cell talking to someone and he had a smile on his face. Who was he talking to? Was he in a relationship? Hank then hung up and seen Jimmy bu his door and signed for him to come in.

"What's up man". Hank says.

"Wondering if you were up for grabbing a beer tonight". Jimmy replied.

"I can't tonight. Rain check?"

"Hank is there something going on that I need to know about?"

"What are you talking about?"

"You're all secretive, you can never go out. I'm pretty sure Justin wouldn't mind".

The older man sighed he knew to a point he wouldn't be able to keep Jordan a secret for much longer, he managed to do it for seven years. He then pulled a picture out of his little girl, in the picture Jordan was in her father's arms her arms wrapped around his neck both of them had huge smiles on their faces, looking at it he handed it over to his partner.

"Her name is Jordan. She's my daughter".

"She's beautiful".

"Thank you".

"Why don't you talk about her?"

"I'm not the one to talk about that stuff on the job, never know who's watching. Listening. The job alone is dangerous enough I don't want her exposed to this at her age or any age, I only did it to keep her safe and protected".

Jimmy understood the older man, a father would do just about anything to keep their child safe.

"I don't have anything against you personally it's the job that I don't trust. I just didn't wanna put her or my son in danger". Hank continued.

"I get it".

"Why don't you come over tonight? You can meet her".

"Sure".

The rest of the work day went by quick Hank and Jimmy then left, the two headed to Hank's house. The drive was silent Jimmy was still a bit stunned after finding out about Jordan and he wasn't mad at Hank. He completely understood why he kept Jordan a secret, all the enemies that they made would do just about anything to get under Hank's skin even if it meant using Jordan.

The two finally arrived to Hank's house and headed inside. Jordan was on the couch with her puppy Blaze, Erin was in the kitchen making dinner. When the door was being opened the puppy hopped off the couch and started barking. Erin emerged from the kitchen when the barking wouldn't.

"Blaze would you stop". Erin says to the dog.

Hank and Jimmy came in the small dog was excited to see Hank but not Jimmy. Jordan saw her father and ran to him.

"Daddy!" Jordan ran excitedly to him.

"There's my baby girl". Hank says happily, picking her up.