Runaway

*Takes places after Voight goes to jail*

Jordan- 11

It's been a month since Hank went to jail and during that time Jordan acted out the whole time, she'd cut school, get into fights, anything to get some kind of attention. After Erin would drop her off at school she'd leave and if she stayed long enough she'd get into a fight. The eleven year old had also developed a very bad attitude that was identical to her father and brother.

One morning Jordan was in the passenger seat of Erin's car with Erin in the driver seat, the woman didn't know what to say or how to comfort her. She pulled up to the school and Jordan got out, Erin rolled the window down.

"Have a good day Jo, I'll pick you up later". Erin says.

"Ok". Jordan whispered.

The eleven year old walked to the school just as Erin drove off, once she was in the clear Jordan ran off from the school. She got half way down the streets when she stopped running putting the hood of her sweater on she walked down the sidewalk. The young girl made a stop before going somewhere.

After a while of walking she made it to a cemetery, it was the cemetery where her mother was buried. She walked some more and found her mother's headstone. It was a regular silver rock headstone and it was engraved.

Anna Marie Carter

Was a beloved mother, partner, sister, and friend to many.

Jordan sat down across from her mother's headstone just as tears started to prickle in her brown eyes she looked to the sky and back to the stone. "Hi mommy".

Meanwhile

Erin was at work and she was tired and frustrated, she'd only had Jordan for a month but it felt like a year. With Hank and Justin both in jail she agreed to take the young girl in, she tried everything to get the eleven year old to open up but she refused. Erin would be awake at night and listen to Jordan's cries for her father and brother, she'd comfort her the best way she could but couldn't. Her thoughts were broken by her phone ringing when she checked to see who it was, she seen it was Jordan's school. Many thing began to roam in her mind. Was Jordan ok? Was she sick? Was she hurt? She picked it up.

-This is Erin Lindsay. Erin answered.

-Ms. Lindsay this is Principal Smith at Chicago Central ELementary, I was checking to see if Jordan was alright.

-What are you talking about? I dropped her off this morning.

-She wasn't in any of her classes today.

-I'll find her and talk with her. Thanks for the call.

After that Erin hung her phone up and called Jordan, it rang and rang then went to voicemail so she tried again only this time it went straight to voicemail. Fear started going through her body she tried not to think about the negative outcomes. She knew that Hank had enemies all over the city and would do anything to get under his skin.

Shaking all that from her mind she picked up her phone and called a few people. "I need your help".

While

Jordan continued to sit in front of her mother's headstone as tears flowed down her cheeks and she kept wiping them away.

"It's not supposed to be like this mommy, you're supposed to be here with us but you're not. You're not here, Justin's not here, and now daddy's not here and I-I'm all alone". She cried.

After a few more minutes she got up and brushed her jeans off she brought two of her fingers to her lips and put them on the headstone. "I love you mommy, I'll come back and visit".