Stories

Jordan- 4

One night Hank was putting his little girl to bed for the night, Jordan sat at the top of her bed putting her head back on the pillows. The toddler was thinking about something but didn't know if she should ask her dad. Hank was tucking the blanket around her when finally the four year old spoke up.

"Daddy". Jordan says.

"What is it sweetheart". Hank replies.

"What was mommy like?"

"Can I ask where that's coming from?"

"Well kids at school have a mommy but I don't, how come I don't have a mommy?"

Hank then sat on the side of the small bed and pulled his little girl into his lap. "Sweetheart I'll tell you when you're older about your mommy, but for now how about I tell you a story about me and mommy".

"Ok".

"When your mommy and I first met she needed my help to put some bad guys away and after we put the bad guys in jail, I asked her out to dinner and after that I knew I loved her".

"What was she like?"

He smiled and continued. "You're mommy was the most bravest, beautiful, strongest, and the most wonderful person I ever met".

"Do I look like mommy?"

"You most certainly do, you have her long brown hair, her chubby cheeks". He gently pinched her cheeks making her giggle. "You have her button nose, her eyes. You're the image of your mommy".

"Do you miss her?"

"I miss her everyday but just seeing you makes me feel a lot better because you remind me of her".

The toddler then felt drowsy and had ended up falling asleep tucked into her father's hold. Hank held onto his baby girl protectively, when he looked down at her it reminded him of how Anna slept it was like looking at a young version of her. Looking at his little girl's angelic face was looking at a reflection of Anna, it killed him to know that Jordan will never get to know her mother. He's just glad he got the greatest gift of all from Anna.