Carwash

Jordan- 4

It was a hot summer day in Chicago, Hank was out running errands he had Jordan with him. The toddler was in the back in her booster seat singing along to her music that was playing through the radio, Hank looked in the rear view mirror and smiled as he saw his little girl singing.

"Jo I got one more stop before we go home, alright sweetheart". Hank tells his daughter.

"Where daddy". Jordan replied.

"The carwash".

"What's that?"

"You know how you get a bath".

"Yeah".

"Well the car needs a bath to get all clean again".

"Oh ok".

The four year old went back to her singing her songs, Hank smiled when he saw her singing and dancing in the booster seat. The two arrived at a local car wash, after a few more minutes they got to the entrance of the car wash. When the car entered it scared Jordan, the toddler unbuckled her car seat and hid on the floor.

"Jo it's alright sweetheart, the car is getting cleaned". Hank said gently.

"It's scary daddy". Jordan whimpered.

The four year old kept peeing her head up to see if they were finished yet, once they were out Jordan got up off the floor and strapped herself back into her booster seat. "That was scary daddy, it was dark in there".

"It wasn't gonna hurt you baby".

"I don't wanna go back".

Hank then had an idea next time, the father and daughter arrived back to the house. Jordan unbuckled herself from the booster seat Hank opened the door for her, the toddler ran into the house. Justin heard the door open from the kitchen he saw his young sister.

"There's my Jo Jo, how was your day squirt". Justin said, picking up his sister.

"The carwash was scary Justie, it was dark". Jordan says to her brother.

"Jo it won't hurt you, the car was just getting a bath. It wasn't gonna hurt you, nothing won't ever hurt you not with me or daddy around".

"Promise".

"I promise Jo Jo".

A week later

Hank had taken Jordan out for the day and decided to go along with his idea, he went to the car wash again and Jordan looked at her father. Her eyes were widened in fear and worry.

"No daddy not again". Jordan said.

"It'll be alright Jo I promise". Hank said.

He then reached into the back and unbuckled her from the booster seat, Hank sat his little girl in his lap as they were going through the car wash. Jordan hid her face in her daddy's shirt but kept looking as they went through the car wash.

"See Jo it's not scary". Hank said.

"So it wasn't going to eat us?" Jordan asked.

Hank chuckled. "No sweetheart it wasn't gonna eat us".

"Can we have pizza for dinner daddy?"

"Of course we can sweetie".

He then quickly strapped the four year old back in the booster seat and drove to the nearest pizza shop.

A/N: I got this inspiration from a self experience, when i was younger i would be terrified of going in a car wash so one day when my parents brought me my dad had sat me in the driver seat with him and i got over my fear.