Father Daughter Dance

Jordan- 9

Jordan was outside of her elementary school waiting to be picked up, in her hands was a flyer for the upcoming father daughter dance she was nervous about telling her father about it. Erin had pulled up a few minutes later and Jordan got in the passenger seat.

"Hey Jo how was your day". Erin greets her sister.

"It was ok I guess". Jordan replied.

"What's that?" Erin noticed the flyer.

"Oh it's a flyer for the father daughter dance Friday night".

"That sounds like fun".

"But I don't know Erin, what if dad doesn't want to go?"

"Jo of course he'll wanna go this will be a special moment he wouldn't miss it for the world".

"I've never even seen dad dance though".

"Trust me he knows how to dance".

"Will you help me pick out a dress?"

"Of course I will we can go now".

The two head to the mall and go into a dress shop, Jordan tried on dress after dress trying to find the perfect dress. Erin was outside a dressing room while Jordan was trying on another dress, after a moment the young girl came out wearing a purple dress that came down a few inches past her knees. On the top half of the dress were little diamonds and they formed a heart design, in the middle had a purple bow. She looked beautiful.

"What do you think Erin?" Jordan asked.

"Jo you look so beautiful". Erin said.

"I do like it".

"I say we get it then".

They got the dress along with some hair clips, the two then headed to the food court for lunch.

"Do you think dad will like the dress?" Jordan asked.

"He will love it so do you guys wanna match or do you want him to wear one of his regular suits?" Erin replied.

"It would be great if we could match".

"Is there something else on your mind?" Erin knew her sister like an open book she could tell something else was wrong.

"I-It's just dad's been so busy we never did anything together lately. Either you or Justin's been watching me not that I don't love you guys I do but it's never been just me and dad".

Erin sighed sadly, she knew that a cop's job was very demanding and would keep Hank at the office a lot more.

"You know he'd be there if he could but he wouldn't miss this dance for the world, if he has to scratch, claw, fight, he will be with you at the dance".

"You're right".

Once the two had lunch Erin drove Jordan home. It was now nearing 6 in the evening the sky was a pink purplish color, the girls arrived at Hank's house heading inside.

"Jo is that you?" Hank called.

"Yeah Erin's with me too". Jordan replied.

"I'm gonna take your dress up to your room you tell you talk to your dad about the dance". Erin says.

"Ok".

The nine year old went to find her father who was in the kitchen making dinner, she pulled the flyer from her back pocket holding it in her hands. Hank was in the kitchen as he pulled a pan of lasagna from the oven he then put in the garlic bread, he then went over to prepare a small salad.