0:00

Spring was approaching, so it was inevitably a little chilly. Perhaps because the new year was arriving, the entire Seoul was immersed in bustling excitement. Despite the cold wind attacking this flourishing city, it did not dampen everyone's spirits.

The evening sky was hazy as it started to drizzle. The lively city seemed to suddenly have a hint of indistinct tranquility to it too.

A black Volkswagen Passat slowly drove out from the underground parking lot of a tall building in Seoul's northern district. It passed through the long and wide road and made its way straight to the city center.

The streets seemed very bleak at night. Accentuated by the fall of the hazy drizzle, it made the streetlights on both sides seem a little dimmer.

In the driver's seat, Lisa was steadily maneuvering the steering wheel with one hand while her other hand was propped up beside the opened car window. Frigid wind continuously streamed in through the window, ruffling her shoulder-length hair into a mess.

She wore a black blouse and black trousers on the inside. Outside, she wore a bright pink windbreaker with black high heels. This was how Lisa usually dressed as she did not have many clothes. Apart from the dull, all-year-round, black professional suit, she did not have many other apparel.

-

Seoul's downtown restaurant was currently filled with guests.

Lisa walked in with graceful strides, her cold gaze briefly examining the entire restaurant. Then, finally, her sharp eyes settled on a certain corner with a table.

Lisa picked up her pace and walked over. The man who had been sitting there, waiting for quite a while put his phone away. He looked up at Lisa and when he had a closer look at Lisa, an intense light shone in his eyes quickly.

"Mr. Oh Sehun?"

Her hostile and slightly raspy voice rang out, and Lisa's unwavering gaze indifferently swept across the man before her.

The man looked about 30-odd years old. He wore a suit and had an ordinary appearance. One could not call him handsome. When he saw Lisa, there was a small smile on his face, but Lisa thought it looked a little garish.

The man nodded and quickly stood up. "Yes, I'm Oh Sehun. Are you Miss Lalisa Manoban?"

Lisa acknowledged, then she pulled the chair opposite him out and sat down. "Apologies for making you wait."

Sehun sat down too. His voice sounded a little pompous. "It's nothing. It's only right and proper for men to wait on women, but it's fine as long as there isn't a next time. I'm sure you know about my situation, Miss Manoban. I'm not too sure about your story though. It's best if you could introduce yourself first."

Lisa nodded indifferently. "Let's order first."

Then, she gestured for the waiter to take their orders.

"I'm Lalisa Manoban. I work at Glory World Corporation and I'm 26."

Lisa pulled the black gloves on her hand off and tossed them aside as she spoke nonchalantly.

"Mmm, I recall that Aunty Liu has introduced you to me before. I heard that you attended the military academy and graduated from military business school."

Sehun suddenly remembered something. He paused here, then he looked profoundly towards Lisa again, and continued after a while, "To be honest, I'm in the military myself, but I don't want to find someone who shares the same identity as me, but I'm quite happy with your current occupation. I think that women should run a household well and be a good wife, don't you think?"