1:41

“You can go back now. Help me pass her the items. I’ll be leaving now.”

Marco’s eyes darkened as he looked at Lisa. He did not want to say anything else, so he turned around and left.

Lisa wanted to call out to him. However, the words could not come out of her mouth.

She thought he might ask her about Luna’s matter, yet he was just here to give her mother something.

At the same time, she had no idea how to phrase it well. Since a very long time ago, he had no more relationship with her mother. Apart from being connected by a daughter they conceived together, they did not seem to be related anymore.

Lisa stood under the tree and watched Marco gradually move further away. Suddenly, a lump formed in her throat. She only managed to push the feeling back with a ton of effort.

She looked down at the gift in her hand. Without needing to open it, she already knew what Marco had given her mother: a peach blossom hairpin!

Chitthip loved peach blossom hairpins. She collected tens of them in her drawer, but she had never let her daughter see them. However, Lisa unintentionally discovered them when she helped her pack up.

She also knew that of all those peach blossom hairpins were mostly gifts from Father to Mother.

She remained silent for a very, very long time before she turned to walk up the staircase with the gift in her hand. When she returned to the room, the dishes were already prepared and they were waiting for her to begin eating.

“Where did you go?” Jungkook handed her a handkerchief.

Lisa tightened her grip on the paper bag in hand. Glancing at Jungkook, she then looked at Chitthip beside him. Then, she hesitated before handing the gift over. “Father gave this to you. He was afraid that you wouldn’t be happy, so he didn’t come up…”

Startled, Chitthip looked up at Lisa for a long time. Then, she stared indifferently at the gift in front of her and said in a calm tone, “I remember telling you not to send his gifts over.”

“Mother, I’m just…”

“If ever there’s a next time, tell him to take it back with him,” Chitthip said coldly. She took the gift and casually set it aside. “Let’s eat.”

Lisa did not mind. Last time, she seemed to have said this too, so…

“Sit.” Jungkook did not say anything either. He just pulled a chair out for Lisa and whispered softly into her ear, “Next time, be frank. Just bring him up.”

(hardcore shippers)

Lisa rolled her eyes at him. She ignored him and picked up her bowl to get some soup.

Throughout the meal, Chitthip seemed to eat without tasting the food. She only had a few bites before she declared that she was done. She left her seat early and went to the study room, seeming very lonely.

When she heard the study room door shut, Lisa sighed sorrowfully. She looked to Jungkook and said, “Don’t take offense. Whenever it’s this time of the year, Mother will be like this.”

As she said this, she put the chopsticks in her hand down and stared at the paper bag. Finally, she reached out to open it and very quickly took a delicate box out. She casually opened it.

Inside lay an exquisite, blush-colored peach blossom hairpin. The light-colored petals enveloped the light tassels. It was very beautiful and very worthy of a second look.

“I’ll go take a look at her. You eat first.”

Then, she took a deep breath and tightened her grip on the peach blossom hairpin before quickly getting up and making her way to the study room.