1:43

As Dari listened to her daughter, she relaxed a little and quickly nodded. “Right, right… Your father can’t divorce me. Right, how did I forget? Even if Chitthip’s dead, she’ll never get your father!”

Two days later, Hanbin still did not reveal himself and he did not go to the office either. No one knew where he had gone. Hani, Luna and the rest were worried sick. In fact, at the same time, a letter from the court had been sent to Luna, causing everyone to go into an alarm.

Naturally, it was about Lisa getting expelled from the military academy.

The next afternoon, after mobilizing discussions all around and Luna had received the court’s letter, Daejung had unexpectedly gone to the court himself to come clean about the truth, taking on all the criminal charges. Because there was no direct evidence, Luna had dodged a bullet.

She was secretly glad. Thankfully, Daejung had not used those drugs back then. Otherwise, she…

As for Daejung becoming the black sheep, it was something within Lisa’s expectations. Even though she was a little unhappy about it, at least this could prove her innocence. In fact, everyone had always been clear about the whole incident, so she could only reluctantly accept this result.

It was Gyungmi who called herself to explain the whole situation. Lisa knew what she was about to say, so her reaction was very calm. “Mother, I understand. I agree to drop the lawsuit.”

Gyungmi fell silent for a moment on the other end of the phone before she continued, “Mmm, this implicates a lot. If we continue to hold on to it, they might want to look into your self-defense with excessive force. Lisa, if you want to continue, I won’t stop you…”

Lisa breathed in slightly and shook her head. “No need, Mother, just let it be. I agree to drop it.”

“Okay, the court will adjust the charges. They’ll let you publicly clarify this matter. Don’t worry and don’t be too pressured.”

“Mmm, thanks, Mother.”

“I’ll explain the situation to Gguk too. That’s that then.”

Just as Gyungmi was about to hang up, Lisa suddenly asked, “Hold on, Mother. How’s Father?”

“Don’t worry. Nothing happened. Don’t fret too much. Leave work earlier today to rest. You’ve been too tensed these past few days. Don’t overburden yourself…”

After she hung up on Gyungmi, Lisa felt more relaxed. She slowly stood up and turned to look out the window behind her. This was when she noticed that the sky was clear outside. It was the kind of sky after the rain had cleared.

Knock knock!

Right at that moment, there was suddenly a knock from outside.

Lisa did not turn to look and just responded, “Come in.”

The door opened very quickly as her assistant, Yeri, brought in a young fellow who walked in with a huge bouquet of yellow roses in his arms.

“Director Manoban, this young man says someone sent you flowers!”

When she heard this, Lisa slowly turned around and looked suspiciously at the man.

The young man smiled and walked up to her while holding the bouquet up to take a closer look at the card. “Are you Miss Lalisa Manoban?”

Lisa raised her brows and did not answer, but the delivery boy was already sure it was her and handed her the bouquet. “Miss Manoban, these are flowers a mister has bought for you. Please sign for them!”