0:61

Jungkook did not know that Lisa acted that way because she felt that the people from the Jeon family were treating her very well, especially Boram. She would call her from time to time to check up on her. Such attention gave her an indescribable sense of warmth.

She wanted to keep this warmth inside her.

For some reason, when Lisa saw his indifferent eyes, she blurted out a question. "Jungkook, do you rarely communicate with your family? I feel that your relationship with them... is kind of... weak..."

Lisa's words stunned Jungkook. She was looking at him in the eye and she caught the subtle glimpse of darkness, but it swiftly returned to normal.

"Mmm, I rarely stayed at home the past few years."

As he was talking, his arms over her shoulder pushed her forward slightly. "I went to a boarding school since I was young. My parents were busy with work and we hardly got to chat with each other. They are very strict with their children, including Yu... Yuqi. While our family is quite well-off, I don't exactly have a relaxed life."

"Yuqi?" Lisa quickly caught the key point and she asked doubtfully.

"Mmm, Yuqi...she'll only return after the New Year. She's sweet. I guess you'll like her," Jungkook replied neutrally.

"Don't your parents... only have one son?"Lisa asked.

She remembered that Gyungmi and Jaeyoung only had one son, and now...

"Yuqi is my aunt's daughter. She's my cousin," he replied quietly.

"Aunt?"

Lisa was shocked.

She had never heard about Jeon Joonwoo having a daughter. Did they not just have one son, Jeon Jaeyoung? Did they have a daughter?

"She's not with us anymore. Don't mention it. My parents took Yuqi in like their real daughter, so Yuqi calls them Father and Mother too since they don't want her to feel different from any other children."

He did not seem very willing to explain any further and stopped talking. Lisa realized his expression was calm, yet the silence in his eyes was somewhat different than usual.

After giving it some thought, she did not ask anything else. She just pulled the corner of his shirt...

He did not want to think about it, so she would not force it. After all, everyone needed their own space. Take her for example. He had never asked her about her past and she knew that the past did not matter to them. What mattered was the present and the future.

Would they just go through their life plainly?

It was not a bad idea. Was it not usual for all the tumultuous loves and desires return to their initial calmness? Maybe what could stand through the trial of time was not the excitement that once happened; it was the gentle and slow calm of a relationship.

She realized that it was not her appearance, but her inside that starting to get old.

The couple did not say a thing as they walked for a long distance. She could clearly feel the warmth from the man's hand on her shoulder, their shadows on the ground getting longer. At that moment, she suddenly felt that everything was not really important anymore...

When she was deep in thought, there were voices of people laughing in front, snapping her back to her senses. She noticed there was a young couple at the corner of the plaza, kissing each other passionately.

Lisa saw them, then she halted her steps and dragged Jungkook beside her.

"What's wrong?" Jungkook looked around the plaza. He threw her a doubtful glance as she was dragging him around.