1:98

When she heard him, she slowly came to her senses. There was still some shock in her eyes. “I didn’t expect her either. Doesn’t she love Father a lot? How could she be doing this behind Father’s back?”

Upon hearing this, Jungkook grinned. “Maybe it was provoked by loneliness. Not everyone can be like Mother. Do you understand?”

Lisa did not reply. She lowered her head and looked at him holding her slightly swollen hand as he clenched them a little.

“Does it hurt?” he asked gently.

“A little…” she replied quietly with a pitiful tone in her voice. She thought he would comfort her. Instead, he stared at her and said coldly, “You deserved it.”

While he answered with those mean words, his hand that clenched her hands gently did not stop. “Next time, let the others do this. While the skin on your hands is pretty thick, it’s not going to be tougher than their fists. You’re not suited to teach people a lesson. You acted like a gangster. You need to be more civilized even when fighting.”

“I’m always a gangster anyway. Why should I be civilized with someone like that? Do you think they’ll listen to me just because I spoke? Dari is mad! Deal with her any longer and I’ll be put at a disadvantage.” Lisa stared back at him.

“I didn’t say anything, did I? I’m just worried that they tricked you again, doll.”

Lisa closed her eyes. “I’ll take whatever they throw at me. I’m not afraid at all.”

He smiled and stopped saying anything. He would just have to watch over her then.

-

Chitthip was asleep when they returned to the ward while Marco seemed exhausted.

Not only did he need to take care of Oscar at home, but he also had to be in the office in the afternoon, and now…

Lisa stood behind him and saw his worn out expression. She could not bear to see him like this. After a while she turned around and gave Jungkook a glance, she only turned away again when he nodded slightly.

After some internal struggle, she gently patted Marco’s shoulder. He woke up with a start and looked at Lisa.

“Father, you should go back and rest. You seem pretty tired. Jungkook and I will be here,” said Lisa to him.

Marco took a deep breath. The exhaustion in his eyes decreased a little as he glanced at Shen Wenna on the bed and shook his head. “It’s fine. I’ll look after her. You and Jungkook just rushed back here, so you guys should go back. Besides, I want to spend more time with your mother. We never really had the chance before.”

“But you look like you’ll fall any moment, and Grandfather needs you to take care of him too. Just leave this to me.” Lisa tried to convince Marco, but he did not move an inch from the chair.

Marco turned towards the silent Jungkook and said, “Jungkook, bring Lisa back tomorrow. I’ll stay here tonight.”

Jungkook’s eyes darkened as he looked at Chitthip from the back. He glanced over at the woman by his side before he nodded. “Okay, please take care of Mother for tonight. We’ll come over tomorrow. I’ll have some people to stay on guard outside.”

Marco nodded in appreciation., “Okay, don’t worry. I’ll call you if anything happens. Hurry up and go back now.”

He seemed like he did not want to talk anymore. He just looked away and adjusted Chitthip’s blanket.

Jungkook pulled Lisa out as she stared on blankly.

The two of them did not say anything on the way back. Jungkook was driving while Lisa rested with her eyes closed.