1:02

After the dinner and a shower, the couple sat on the sofa together with the television turned on and a pot of tea beside them. He was reading a book while she was watching television beside him.

Suddenly, Boonlong called her. it must be about the orphanage.

Lisa saw the caller ID and her eyes brightened. Immediately, she sat up straight before answering the call. Before Boonlong could say anything, she asked worriedly, "Hello? Grandpa? How is it?"

Lisa's questions got a heavy sigh in return. After a while, Boonlong replied, "I've found out about it. Youngsik called me and said the Kim Corporation bought it. It was Kim Hanbin... Have you been in trouble with him lately?"

Kim Corporation...

Hanbim had bought it!

Lisa was shocked when she heard that name. Her hand froze up and she started to miss out on what Boonlong was saying as his voice faded in her ears. She could feel her heart sink and a sense of pain throbbed inside while her eyes darkened.

Why would it be Hanbin?

After a while, she came back to her senses when she heard Boonlong's voice. She replied quietly, "Okay, I got it, Grandpa. It's alright. It's late now and you should go and rest. Goodnight!"

The man beside her with sharp senses could feel something was not right. He took his eyes off the book and glanced at her, his eyebrows furrowing when he noticed she was frowning as well. “What’s wrong?”

Lisa quickly put her hand on her forehead and placed the teacup on the table. She took a deep breath in. “Nothing. It’s just about the orphanage… I’ll tell you once I find out more about it.”

She then quickly made a call. “Hello? Senior Jung? It’s me, Lisa…”

“Can you please help me check at which stage has the paperwork been processed with the orphanage land in the north of the city that’s been bought by the Kim Corporation? Yes… It’s there. I just found out they bought it, but the documents still need the approval from the government. Please help me check who’s handling it. I need the people from both sides, yes…”

Jungkook’s frown got deeper as he heard her conversation. He could somewhat piece the information together and he asked after she hung up on the call, “Is Hanbin messing with you?”

Lisa put her phone away and mumbled, “The Kim Corporation bought the orphanage land. While it’s known that the place will be demolished and will be redeveloped into a new housing area or a new supermarket, the Kim Corporation isn’t involved in these areas, so why would they suddenly buy that place?”

This really was an enigma to Lisa.

As Jungkook listened, he lowered his head and pondered thoughtfully while Lisa said with slight waning enthusiasm, “Forget it. Let’s not think too much about it. I’ll see if Senior Jung can get a clearer picture on this tomorrow.”

“Senior Jung?” Jungkook very quickly caught onto the keywords.

Lisa smiled calmly. “Director Jung from our company. He used to be from downtown too. He’s three years older than Chaeyoung and I, and he’s very good friends with Jimin oppa. Previously, I wasn’t close with him either. Later on, after he joined Glory World, he’s been following VP Lee and we’ve collaborated quite a few times, so we started to get close.”

“I can see that you’re pretty close to him.” The man meaningfully narrowed his eyes at her and smiled faintly.

Lisa thought about it earnestly, then gladly nodded. “I guess. Senior Jung does look out for me. Back then, when I just joined the company, I had him to thank for all the help.”