0:19

In the end, she did not finish her sentence. Lisa just smiled at him before turning around to enter the apartment.

Her slim figure very quickly disappeared in the hazy drizzle.

Seeing the calm and elegant figure gradually vanish from his line of sight, Jungkook tore his eyes away. The cold wind and rain continuously attacked him but he stayed silent for a long while before reaching into his pocket to take a box of cigarettes out. He casually pulled a stick out...

Lighting it, he took a whiff...

Amidst the faintly discernible mist that shifted, one could only hear him suddenly coughing lightly a few times. It was quite a while before he finally tossed his cigarette butt into the rubbish bin beside him. He subconsciously looked up at the apartment and saw the light on a certain floor suddenly being switched on. Then, he got into the car and started it.

When the weekend came, Lisa did not wake up early because she had worked hard until the wee hours of 3 to 4 a.m. of the night before, preparing and arranging the details for the South River project. Once she got busy, she lost track of time.

By the time she woke up, it was already close to noon. Her phone that had been on silent showed that there were quite a few miss calls. They were from Chaeyoung, but she already knew what she had called for. Pondering for a while, she decided not to call back.

After she washed up and had breakfast, she changed and prepared to leave.

She dressed up as usual in her black top and black pants. On the outside, she wore a black mid-length windbreaker. With her jet-black head of shiny hair tumbling onto her shoulders, she looked very thin and frail as a whole.

When she left the house, it was a rare cloudy day and the wind was dry.

It was the 70th birthday of her grandfather, Oscar Bruschweiler, so she had to go.

If anything in that huge house was worth her recalling fondly even just a little bit, it would be her grandfather.

Oscar loved her rather dearly. She had not been back to see him for quite a few years. Even though she knew she should not have done that, she had no choice. There were too many memories that she did not want to remember in that huge residence.

Yes, her grandfather's birthday banquet would be held in that huge house: West Park.

West Park was the Bruschweiler family's old residence, occupying a vast space. It was the kind of noble and lavish European-styled house that seemed like a castle.

At this moment, West Park was already lively. There was a beautiful arch at the entrance, a luxurious red carpet stretched from the door and into West Park while both sides were filled with gorgeous flower baskets.

Inside the residence, where the hall was decorated majestically, all sorts of dishes, desserts, and drinks were spread out on the tables that were neatly arranged while the seats on both sides were fully seated with people.

Well wishes kept on coming.

The banquet had not yet started. Up front greeting the guests were Dari, Luna, and the rest.

"Congratulations! May the Elder enjoy boundless longevity!"

"Thank you, Director Wang!"

Luna's sweet-tempered face had on a courteous smile as she gently thanked the guests who offered their well wishes.

"Miss Luna is really becoming prettier and prettier. The Bruschweiler family is very blessed to have such a beautiful and kind daughter. I just wonder who'll be able to get married to such a lovely wife."