1:39

She left her phone on the table and then sat down on the bed, her eyes meeting his. She wanted to say something but she could not find the right words. She did not want to say any more words of gratitude, but the way he treated her...

After a long while, she sighed, "Sometimes, I feel like I become much weaker when I'm with you. I've totally changed roles from being a protector all along."

"Protector? Who did you protect? Mother?"

He chuckled when he saw her downcast expression. Patting her head, she sighed, "Missus, have I ever told you that you're the silliest woman I've ever met?"

Silly. So silly of her to always try to protect others when she could not even protect herself. She always seemed strong and cold on the outside but was extremely soft on the inside.

"I'm just tired of these, alright? I already have to deal with tricks in the world of business. It'd be really exhausting if I have to be wary in my daily life too. Don't you think so?" She defended herself.

His patting hand stopped suddenly as he gave her a meaningful glance, "Do you think God sent you to the world just to enjoy?"

"A certain someone told me some time ago that life should be enjoyed and asked me to visit the spa centers more often. I wonder who it was!" Lisa glared at him as she spoke.

He raised his eyebrows. "Who said that? Did I say that? Doll, you're a natural beauty. You're always gorgeous without even needing any beauty services-"

Before he could finish, Lisa threw a pillow at him. "Trying to fake amnesia? I'm talking about you. Don't move!"

+

In contrast to the harmonious vibe at Maple Residence, things were hectic at the emergency ward in the Central Hospital.

Deng Wenwen's eyes flew wide open as she stared at her darkened phone screen. Her eyes stared at it still as her body froze as if she had lost all her senses. Dari was worried.

"Mother, what's wrong? Mother!"

Deng Wenwen did not react even after calling out to her several times. Shaking her head a little, Dari nudged her back to her senses. She stared at Dari blankly and murmured, "Wife? Jeon Jungkook... Dari, what's happening? Jeon Jungkook... Master Jeon sent those things... and did he say 'wife'? He said Lisa is his wife. What's happening?"

Deng Wenwen still had not recovered from the shock of the call moments ago. She could only remember a man snatching the phone away from Lisa and saying that he was Jeon Jungkook. He also mentioned Lisa being his wife. She must not have heard him wrong, did she?

Jeon Jungkook?

It should not be anyone else except the President of Glory World Corporation, Jeon Jungkook, should it?

Earlier on, she could already sense that his relationship with Lisa was not ordinary. Could Lisa have gotten together with him? Did she become his lover or something?

"Mother, what are you talking about? What about Master Jeon and his wife?"

Dari had no idea what Deng Wenwen was talking about. "Mother, did that witch do it? This is absurd! I guessed it must have been her! No matter what, she should've considered the occasion today. Now, my father... and Luna... What should we do? She's just trying to give us a hard time! Lisa is so arrogant! Can't we talk it out? All those happened in the past. No matter what, she shouldn't have done it on a day like this! I'm just terribly frustrated! And now we don't know how Luna is! If something bad happens to her baby, I'm going to make Lisa take responsibility for it!"