1:08

“Don’t think about work at this time. Can’t we talk about something else, hmm?” He handed some tea to her and looked at her indifferently.

Lisa frowned. She remembered that he did not seem to like talking about work matters during moments of rare leisure, so she breathed in and sighed. After some thought about it, she then added, “I also bumped into Hanbin at the South River. In fact, he seemed quite interested in the South River project too…”

When she said this, Jungkook was startled by how she took the initiative to explain. He lifted his lowered gaze and looked at her thoughtfully. “What did you guys talk about?”

“Nothing much. It’s just about the orphanage issue and Luna…” Lisa lowered her head to sip her tea, then she continued, “He also asked me if I hated him…”

“Mmm, only such a boring man would ask such a question. In fact, it demonstrates such low IQ and EQ. The next time you see him, you shouldn’t say a single word to him. Just turn around and leave! I’ve finally raised your EQ. Don’t be wrecked by a few words from him again. If you do, then all my hard work from before would be wasted!”

He nodded and responded casually as the corner of his lips curved into a weird smile. His honorable and handsome face did not look pleased while his dark eyes reflected the dim light.

Lisa stole a secret glance at him. She could faintly hear in his tone that there seemed to be jealousy, so she immediately raised her brows, and then lowered her head to sip the tea again while she continued watching him secretly.

She was about to say something when he seemed to have noticed her staring at him too. He instantly shot her a side look and said in a lowered voice, “What’s with that look of yours? I’m just telling the truth…”

Lisa’s brows raised even further, her fair and delicate face blossoming with a rare smile of delight. The stillness in her twinkling eyes was akin to the night sky after the dark clouds had cleared away, multifarious starlight pouring out in torrents.

“How valid are your words of truth? In fact, I seem to be smelling something from you right now…” She slowly smiled and looked at him bemusedly.

He acted calmly as ever and glanced at her. If he made the right guess, then he would not fall into her trap. He answered in a lowered voice, “The smell of manliness that captivates you.”

When he said this, Lisa was stunned for a moment. She then looked at him earnestly and said calmly, “No, it’s a sour smell…”

“Purely your imagination, Missus. Do you think that a man as excellent as me would be jealous over a lowly man? Preposterous!”

Jungkook did not care about Lisa’s meaningful gaze at all. Suddenly, he set his teacup aside and circled her waist with an arm, pulling her into his embrace. He slowly looked down and accurately caught her Japanese rose petal-like soft lips. After a few moments of caressing them, he continued softly, “Can he do this to you? He might be hiding in some corner, observing a moment of silence…”

Lisa was stupefied. With the help of the faint light, she saw sparks that seemed eager to prove something in his eyes. She thought about it, then her face flashed a smile. With her arms around his shoulders, she said, “Mr. Jeon, explaining means that you’re trying to cover something up.”

“And silence can be construed as agreeing tacitly…” Jungkook said, unaffected. His arms steadied her body that leaned over as his tall body leaned to one side and then comfortably lay down on the sofa. “I’ve put the details that VP Lee sent over into your briefcase. Just work on Yueying’s general shareholders’ meeting for the next two days. The South River project can be set aside for now.”