0:60

“I’m sorry, Chairman Jeon. I… I’ll sing, I’ll sing!”

Luna took a deep breath. She looked at Lisa with a complicated gaze, but she was just looking downwards and sipping her wine as if what happened had nothing to do with her. Luna’s face turned even paler than before.

Jungkook’s phone on the table vibrated. He glanced at the screen for a moment, then stood up and walked towards the exit with his phone without even looking at Luna. Lucas and the others followed him too.

He was always like this. He would never spend a minute extra with any woman even if it was a well-loved celebrity.

The sudden change of atmosphere caught people off-guard. Even the emcee had no idea what to do as the crowd watched Jungkook disappear at the exit and they could not react.

After a while, Chairman Jeon’s assistant, Chan, came back quickly and took the mic from the emcee. He said in an apologetic tone, “Sorry, Chairman Jeon has been busy for the whole day and he was feeling a little tired, so he’ll go back now first. Chairman Jeon said that Vice President Lee will take over now. Everyone, please enjoy yourself, and as an apology, he has prepared a gift for everyone. Someone will hand it out at the end of the dinner.”

The crowd came back to their senses when they heard Chan’s voice and they cheered loudly.

A materialistic apology was easier to accept. Some people started to feel upset when they saw the pale and awkward-looking Luna on stage…

How dare this woman?! Chairman Jeon was generous enough to reward her, and Director Manoban was her superior in a sense, yet she dared to put on an attitude when she was just asked to sing a few songs! Great, now Chairman Jeon had become unhappy!

The sudden change of events caught Sanghoon and the other top brass off-guard. Of course, they did not forget that the reason Chairman Jeon caused a fuss was because of their Planning Director, Lalisa Manoban.

They all looked at Lisa when they came back to their senses. Lisa was sipping her wine and enjoying her food calmly as if she was not involved in the matter.

“Director Manoban, Chairman Jeon…”

As Sanghoon was about to ask her something, Chan went towards her and stood beside her. He told her quietly, “Director Manoban, Master is waiting for you outside.”

Lisa froze and thought about what the message, then she frowned. She replied, “But the dinner isn’t over yet. What about the awards ceremony?”

Did he not mention she was going to receive a big prize?

“Master said the PR Department will keep it for you,” Chan whispered.

Lisa hesitated and glanced at Luna who was walking down from the stage with a ghastly face. Along with the odd gaze from everyone, she pressed a finger on her forehead in her thoughts…

After a while, she took a deep breath before standing up. She grabbed her windbreaker from the back of her chair and went outside the hall.

The crowd was shocked as Lisa left the venue.

Director Manoban had left right after Chairman Jeon. Something was definitely going on!

However, it was understandable. With someone of Chairman Jeon’s caliber, it was not unusual for a beautiful woman like Director Manoban to be beside him.

Moreover, they look really matching together just now!

People started discussing it. Somehow, gossiping about their superiors peculiarly made them happy.