1:82

They closed in tightly to each other. He let her explore his turf with some difficulty and unfamiliarity. After days of drifting and tossing about this lonesome city, her faint warmth infected him too.

Her slightly cold hand passed through his thin clothes, allowing him to feel her meticulous and soft touch. In an instant, he could not help but tremble.

What an alluring woman!

He was increasingly poisoned. No matter how those other women had teased him in the past, he did not seem to be interested, but when it came to her teasing him, he seemed to lose all rationality.

Lisa could not care about restraint anymore. He had seen her at her worst anyway.

“Don’t you want to shower? You got caught in the rain…”

He panted slightly whilst his hand gripped onto her wrist tightly. His dark eyes were mixed with a blaze and fireworks that could not be concealed, yet with a final strand of rationality, he was concerned for her even if their clothes were already so rumpled.

“Hold on… I think… I…”

As her raspy voice spoke, her little hands began to explore around.

Before she could finish, he had already leaned in for a kiss and took control, pushing back the rest of the words she had wanted to say.

“It’s just the same if we shower together later.”

Then, he just carried her up by the waist and took huge strides towards the bedroom.

Their affectionate ordeal lasted till the morning before the battle finally ceased.

After they showered, Lisa could not care about supper or breakfast anymore. Jungkook forced her to drink a bowl of hot ginger soup before she drowsily fell asleep.

She was already long exhausted from a whole day of running around, and to top it off, he completely wiped out her energy. Still, when she fell asleep, she was hugging his arm tightly while he slept sideways beside her, calmly watching her sleep with the dim lights from the table lamp.

A long while after that, there was a smile on the corner of his lips. He closed his eyes with satisfaction and fell asleep too.

“Jungkook…”

He had just shut his eyes when he heard her call out his name and even felt her hand looking for him. He then pulled the blanket tighter around them and pulled her into his arms.

“Sleep, Missus…”

Earlier, when he had seen her break down to weep in hopelessness, his entire heart had melted. He felt his heart ache with her. Because of her sudden appearance, he was touched, happy, and even felt warm.

Such a silly girl…

He did not know what to say to her.

He had already decided on her, so it had to be her.

All things beautiful about her was his life. He knew he should appreciate them because his future definitely belonged to her.

+

The next day, when dawn arrived, it was still raining outside. The entire Busan was shrouded in a misty atmosphere.

The weather seemed depressing. It was so depressing that it felt suffocating. Yuqi felt that way as she was on her way towards Haeundae Paik Hospital.

With a nurse’s help, she soon found Lucas' room.

As she stood by the door, she saw Lucas sitting on the bed and flipping through a document with just one hand while placing it on his lap.