0:48

When she heard this, Lisa’s indifferent and beautiful face suddenly flashed with a sneer that seemed to mock herself. With a calm glance askance, she then lowered her head and said coldly, “Shouldn’t I be used to all that by now? It doesn’t matter anymore. No matter what happens, it has nothing to do with me now, isn’t that so?”

Marco’s movements stiffened as he gripped the teacup. He looked long and hard at her. After a long while, he took another sip and then sighed, “I know you don’t want to let people know about your relationship with the Xi family, but you are my daughter. That is a fact.”

He paused, then set the cup in his hand aside. His gaze instantly darkened as he suddenly lowered his head and looked at the light green tea that was still swishing slightly in the cup. “Ever since I got a divorce from your mother, you haven’t been willing to come home. Do you really hate me that much?”

Lisa lowered her gaze, the corner of her lips curved into a sneer.

“This Friday is Luna and Hanbin’s engagement. I hope that you can come home. Your grandfather hasn’t been in very good health recently, especially after his birthday the last time. Now, the person he misses most is you. As for Luna and Hanbin’s matters, however all of you want to handle it, I won’t intervene.”

Marco suddenly glanced up at Lisa. He thought about it, and then added, “As for the matter about Yueying, your grandmother really crossed the line…”

Engagement…

When she heard this, Lisa slowly looked up. Her beautiful face had frozen for an instant, then it turned into an apathetic smile which disappeared at the corner of her lips.

When he saw that Lisa had not uttered a sound, Marco suddenly asked in a lowered voice, “Are you unwilling to speak to me either?”

After a long pause, Lisa plainly asked, “What’s there to say to you?” Her voice seemed to be fatigued and bleak.

Lisa’s words unexpectedly made Marco’s heart sink. As he watched this expression that looked increasingly similar to her mother, Chitthip’s coolness, Marco felt a pang of helplessness in his heart.

“Have you been doing well recently?” He thought about it before asking softly, not revealing any expression.

“If you guys appear less, I’d naturally be doing good.” Lisa’s voice sounded hostile and her gaze that was cold as the wind brushed past Marco’s face. A stubborn determination and invisible sadness gathered at the corner of her eyes. “I thought you’d ask about whether my mother’s doing well.”

When he heard this, Marco was startled. He could not help but feel sorrowful. He thought about it before saying softly, “As your father, I just hope that you can understand that there are some things whereby once they’ve happened, you can never return to the past again.”

Then, he unhurriedly got up, his sharp gaze meeting her cold stare. “Come home this Friday.”

He actually used a tone of command as a finale.

Lisa watched his tall figure turn and vanish outside the beaded curtains, the corner of her lips curving into a faint sneer…

She quietly tore her gaze away, the smile on her face gradually fading too. Finally, it turned into tranquility, and even her twinkling eyes returned to usual.

When she lowered her head to drink her tea, she saw that across her, someone had reached out to take the cup in her hand. When she looked up, Jungkook’s handsome face greeted her sight.

“Be absent-minded again and your hand will have to suffer again.” His deep and sensitive voice floated into her ears.

Lisa then slowly returned to her senses as she peered down at the cup in her hand. Indeed, she noticed that the tea inside was tilting, about to spill out.