1:07

Today, she was dressed as usual in a black work suit. On the outside, there was a mid-length windbreaker and her beautiful, long hair fell onto her shoulders like always. Her thin and slender figure towered in the rain, and it looked like there was something more to her than how it used to be.

He suddenly felt that the two of them had not met for a very, very long time.

Hanbin’s stern face seemed to ease a little. His dark eyes were still dense with an indescribable complexity as he stood where he was and hesitated for a long time, unmoving.

Only when his assistant, secretary Wang called out for him did he snap back to his senses. “CEO Kim!”

He took a deep breath and saw that up ahead, Lisa had already looked away and continued to look downward. Hanbin then nodded and took the umbrella in secretary Wang’s hand. “I’ll go over by myself. Wait for me in the car.”

Then, he walked over.

Hanbin stopped behind Lisa, his profound eyes looked quietly at her slender figure as he asked, “Why are you here?”

“Why wouldn’t I be here? Maybe the Kim Corporation is interested in this project too?” Lisa looked up coldly from the document, turning to look indifferently at him. Her twinkling eyes were filled with obvious hostility and distance.

Hanbin’s handsome face fell silent for a moment. He did not answer, yet he moved a slight step forward and stood by her side. He looked up at the vast empty land before them.

When Lisa saw that he did not respond, she coldly retrieved her gaze and was about to walk away. At this moment, Hanbin suddenly lamented, “You know that’s not what I meant.”

He looked on with mixed emotions at the drizzle from the sky. Then, he thought about it before continuing, “It’s quite cold here.”

“I thought you’d question me about the orphanage scandal.” Lisa’s cold voice came through as she closed her document and looked at him plainly.

When he heard this, Hanbin’s expression shifted. He gazed at her deeply. Ironically, Lisa saw a rare sign of apology in his eyes.

“I didn’t know that Luna would go looking for you with the document. She only told me to give her that as an engagement gift, so… I wasn’t intentionally going against you. I hope you won’t misunderstand.”

Hanbin spoke in a lowered tone, “Did she bring you that document to negotiate terms with you and to make you hand over Yueying’s shares? I found out about it…”

When she heard this, Lisa’s beautiful face flashed with a faint smile before she answered calmly, “How could that be? To let so many children from the orphanage go homeless, someone as kind and beautiful as Luna would definitely not do such an utterly heartless thing. Only someone as despicable and vicious as I would. In fact, she’s been so good to me. I really don’t know how I should thank her. Do you think she’s the kind of person who would use an orphanage to coerce me into doing something?”

“Lisa…” Hanbin’s handsome brows furrowed. “Luna might not have done it on purpose, so can you please…”

“Forgive her, right?” Before Hanbin could finish, Lisa had already indifferently cut him off. She smiled radiantly and casually but it looked harsh to Hanbin whose heart sank for some reason.

“Of course, I’ll forgive her. I know that she’s always been so good to me. I’m just blind for not seeing it. Other than that, I’ll also have to thank her mother for being so great at giving birth to her and raising her to be so pure and kind. Usually, in TV dramas, the third party would be trampled on by the first wife. Then, the stepmother would torture the first wife’s daughter to death. The fact that I, Lalisa Manoban can live healthily right now, and be provided with the basic necessities, I feel that I should indeed be deeply grateful to the mother and daughter pair. What do you think?”