1:79

In the afternoon, the sun was still glorious. It was almost May and the weather was becoming increasingly warmer. Many people came out to enjoy the sun in the afternoon.

Standing at the entrance of a hospital and watching from afar, Hanbin could see quite a few patients sitting on the long benches on both sides, sunbathing.

He walked over and sat down on one end of a bench and looked up at Secretary Wang. “Give me the document.”

“CEO Kim, have you considered it thoroughly?” Secretary Wang looked hesitantly at Hanbin as he held the document in his hand tightly. “Miss Luna isn’t emotionally stable right now. The doctor says she can’t be provoked. Otherwise, the child…”

Hanbin did not wait for Secretary Wang to finish. He already got up and pulled the document away himself before he sat back down and flipped it open. It was the divorce papers.

“CEO Kim…” Secretary Wang carefully called out to him, still appearing uncertain.

Hanbin’s gaze was as still as a deep lake. His handsome face could not conceal his disappointment and mix of emotions. After a while, he took out a pen from his pocket and when he pulled the pen cover off, he seemed to have a hint of hesitation, yet it was in that precise moment that he still signed it.

“Some things are best to be resolved as quickly as possible. I don’t want to drag it on anymore.” Hanbin put his pen away and looked at the document again. Then, he handed it back to Secretary Wang while looking a little heartbroken. His voice was detached and hoarse. “Bring it in. Let her sign it. I’ll do my best to compensate whatever I should. We’ve both loved each other once, so we should part on good terms.”

Looking at Hanbin’s expression, Secretary Wang felt suffocated.

He actually understood Hanbin and Luna’s journey well. He had to admit that many times, it was Hanbin who was forgiving and tolerating. Apart from taking a lot from him, Luna seemed to rarely genuinely be understanding toward him.

When he thought about this, Secretary Wang started to sigh with sorrow to himself. Now, they had unexpectedly reached this stage. They did love each other very much back then and had even said that they would last forever.

Yes, forever.

Luna had said, “Hanbin, I’ll definitely cherish you forever, be with you forever, be your good wife for a lifetime.”

How long does forever last?

If you can’t know what the future holds, how can you believe the pledge of undying love?

Hanbin suddenly felt his heart clench in pain. He had to squeeze his eyes shut and take a few deep breaths before he managed to calm the indescribable sorrow and heaviness in his heart.

When he thought about Luna, he felt pained and disappointed, yet when he thought of Lisa, he felt sad too. Now, he felt empty.

Secretary Wang took the document from Hanbin, his expression downcast too. He looked down for a while and saw that Hanbin’s expression suddenly looked lonely. His eyes filled with a determination as he thought about it and then nodded. “Okay then, I’ll bring it in for Miss Luna right now!”

“Just let her sign it. If she’s not happy with any of the conditions, she can let me know,” Hanbin said.

Secretary Wang looked at him for a moment then said, “But, CEO Kim, do we have to discuss this with Madam and the rest first? After all, this seems a little sudden. If word gets out, I’m afraid it won’t look good for the Kim Corporation. In fact, Miss Luna is about to takeover Yueying soon. If we do this right now…”