1:37

He gave her a secretive smile. Instead of answering, he took the flowers away and held her tightly.

Of course, he would not tell her that Lucas had informed him about Hanbin signing on the marriage contract obediently and was now drinking alone in a quiet bar!

He had finally got rid of this risk. How could he not be pleased?

Lisa put her arms around his shoulder and asked, "How did you know that I was still in the office?"

"I called the Manoban Residence. Your phone is on silent again, isn't it?"

As if he knew every little thing about her, Lisa noticed that she had nothing to hide before him. However, he was like a deep ocean, and she could only reach his shallow pool.

Slightly troubled, she squinted at him as she thought to herself, 'Is it time to finally get to know him better?'

"It's an off day tomorrow. Shall we visit SNU together? I heard the cherry blossoms are really beautiful there and I've been longing to go check them out. Back then, Mother actually disagreed with my admittance into the military school and wanted me to study at SNU instead. She once thought of me becoming a lecturer with her in SNU as well. Well, who knew?"

Suddenly, Lisa's eyes turned skeptical.

"Why did you choose to attend the military academy back then?" He became curious, his eyes sparkling with interest and he seemed to look forward to her answer.

Lisa just shrugged and gave him an indifferent reply, "It was nothing very special actually. You know that my grandpa used to serve in the army. He's still keeping some of the habits he got from serving the army, and I actually quite like the idea of arming myself on a battlefield. I have a dream to become a hero…"

"A hero? You?" He raised his eyebrows and glanced at her teasingly.

Lisa straightened her back as she sensed the doubt in his eyes as if he was trying to prove something. "Yes, me! A hero!"

He laughed and did not say anything, but Lisa was annoyed at him. "What's so funny? I'm serious!"

"Nothing…"

"Damn you!"

"Alright, pack your things and go. We'll go to a restaurant tonight. It's already pretty late."

"Then, I want to have French."

"Mmm…"

Jungkook left a kiss on her forehead before helping her to pack up. After a while, the couple left the office together.

All the other staff had already gone home, so the building was empty. Jungkook was holding her heavy black briefcase with one hand and had his other hand over Lisa's shoulder as they walked together. At the same time, Lisa was cradling the bouquet of flowers in her arms.

It was a peaceful and beautiful moment, yet Lisa was not used to it. She struggled away from his arm when they passed the guard on the ground floor.

Jungkook locked his grip onto her shoulder, not letting her go. He glanced over and saw her blushing face, but he decided to not say anything.

Unbeknownst to both of them, photos of them were being taken right then by cameras from outside the building, capturing each and every scene and expression of theirs.

"Let me drive."

When they arrived at the car, Lisa handed the flowers to him before grabbing the car keys from his shirt pocket.

+

Hanbin had drunk quite a fair bit, but he succumbed under the pressure of Elder Han after receiving a call from him, so he still went back to the villa in the end.