0:22

It was only then that Jungkook noticed that the black top hidden underneath her black windbreaker was completely soaked in blood and that she was terrifyingly pale. The wound on her left shoulder was very deep and it was still bleeding.

Jungkook's gaze instantly darkened. A mix of emotions flashed in his eyes. There was gloominess, a sense of loss, and a faint hint of sympathy. Finally, he pulled her into his arms and carried her up.

"Master! What's wrong with Director Manoban? How did she get hurt?"

At this moment, Lucas had a feeling that things were odd, so he retreated and witnessed Lisa falling. Caught in shock, he recalled noticing that she seemed very pale earlier.

Jungkook lifted Lisa and walked right up to the car ahead. His deep voice was clearly tinted with some distress. "Immediately drive to Central Hospital, and at the same time, check on what happened tonight."

Lucas ran to open the car door as he hastily answered, "Yes, Master!"

The car revved very quickly, speeding all the way to the hospital.

"Master, do we have to call Chan over and send Elder Bruschweiler's present over?"

At the driver's seat, Lucas carefully looked at his master in the back seat through the rearview mirror. When he saw the Master seeming a little pensive, he immediately regretted asking that.

Jungkook held onto Lisa's wound with one hand while he casually took a blanket from the side to cover her with it, he said calmly, "No need, let him check on what happened tonight."

"Yes, Master!"

-

In a certain upgraded ward in Central Hospital.

"Why's the wound so deep? I'm afraid that it'll leave a scar. In fact, there are traces of drugs that could temporarily make a person lose their consciousness. Such a drug is also commonly known as knockout drops. What happened to you guys?"

The middle-aged doctor stood in front of the sick bed in his pristine white coat and studied the medical record while saying this all professionally.

Knockout drops?

Jungkook instantly frowned and a cold light flashed in his eyes. He shot Lucas a look and the latter nodded very carefully.

She had probably met some incident in West Park earlier.

However, recalling Director Manoban's dazed and absent-minded manner, she must have had a negative encounter. When he saw the Master's complicated gaze, Lucas did not dare to ask further.

Jungkook turned to look at Lisa who was as white as a sheet on the sick bed. When he saw her brows furrowed almost into a knot, he then asked in a lowered tone, "How's she right now?"

"The blade sliced through her shoulder. I'm afraid it won't heal very quickly. As for the knockout drops, don't worry. She'll be fine once she wakes up. The wound has already been handled and bandaged. After this, she just needs to change the dressing on time and be careful not to let it be in contact with water, and it should be just fine. However, for safety purposes, I recommend that you let her stay hospitalized for another day or two. Wait till the wound is stabilized before she's discharged."

He could see that this person before him was someone extraordinary, so the doctor started to speak more courteously too.

Jungkook nodded as his gaze slowly moved away from Lisa.

"You guys go out and handle the hospitalization procedures first. Get the medication from the pharmacy, and when she wakes up, immediately let her take the medicine."