0:81

Joonwoo waved his hand and shook his head with a smile. "We'll sit this one out. I'm not worried about leaving the company to Jungkook and you at all. I've always wanted to retire after hustling all these years. As for your parents, I'm afraid they won't have time to attend as well. I guess you'd understand even if we don't say it out loud."

Joonwoo's words stunned Lisa slightly. She then replied, "Mmm, I understand."

"Okay, go have your breakfast and just work on whatever you have to. Your grandmother is planning to revamp the land, so I'll go and take a look."

Lisa drove straight to the company after having a light breakfast.

It was still the holidays, so most of the company was empty. Only the PR Department was busy with the opening ceremony. Hence, they had to give up their rest to work on this project.

It was near noon after she finished revising the plans with Manager Fang. They locked down the details and established a general direction.

"Alright, we're set for now then. We can start decorating the place tomorrow. I've taken note of the details just now and most of them are done. We have three days, and I understand that it's a little rushed, but we have to do our best and make it as flawless as possible." Lisa closed the folder and handed it to Manager Fang.

"Noted, Director Manoban. Don't worry. We're confident!" Manager Fang and the others gave her a confident smile.

Lisa nodded. "Thank you for everyone's hard work. Sorry for taking away your New Year's holiday. Chairman Jeon asked me to bring everyone some gifts which I've left at the reception area on the first floor. Go and take them yourself later. It's pretty late now, so grab some food and let's meet at the plaza in Entertainment City tomorrow."

Their expressions brightened when they heard her words, and they quickly expressed their gratitude, "Thank you, Chairman Mu and Director Manoban. We'll surely work hard on this!"

After the meeting was dismissed, Lisa packed her stuff up and was planning to go back to Manoban Residence. Before she left, she made a call and realized that Boonlong had gone over to Maple Residence while Chitthip had gone shopping at the New Era Plaza with a colleague.

After thinking about it, she went straight to the New Era Plaza to look for Chitthip, intending to bring her over to Maple Residence for dinner.

It was rare for Chitthip to go shopping, so Lisa was surprised to hear that.

When Lisa found her, she was trying on some clothes with a colleague.

"Mother!" She quickly went up to Chitthip.

"You're here!" Chitthip seemed to be in a jovial mood. A precious smile appeared on her face when she saw Lisa.

"Is this your daughter? Oh my God, she looks just like you, Teacher Manoban! Both of you look like sisters!"

The woman beside Chitthip was surprised when she saw the similarity between Lisa and Chitthip. She observed the mother-daughter pair as her eyes twinkled. "Both of you are really beautiful! Teacher Manoban, I didn't expect your daughter to be this grown up already. If I hadn't seen your résumè, I would've thought that you've only been married for a few years."

"Thank you, Teacher Wei. I'm already over fifty years old. Lisa, this is Teacher Wei, the lecturer for the students doing their Masters in chemical engineering," Chitthip introduced.

"Hi, Teacher Wei. I'm Lalisa M. Bruschweiler," Lisa greeted politely with a slight bow.

(This feels grammatically incorrect but I had to add her father's surname)