1:13

She clenched her fists as her heart sank. Then, she took a deep breath and looked at the teacup before her.

“Your father knew it all along. When I married her back then, your great-grandmother gave Yueying to her as a gift. She just left your father and I some shares, and just agreed on one condition with her…”

At that moment, there was the sound of the beaded curtains behind them swaying. Oscar took a pause and looked at that direction cautiously, and Jungkook’s figure came into his sight.

“Why are you here?” Lisa almost screamed before he walked nearer to her.

Jungkook put his phone away and looked at Oscar who was sitting before Lisa. Slightly surprised, he then replied to her, “I couldn’t reach your phone, so I called the driver and happened to be nearby.”

He stopped beside Lisa.

“Lisa, he is…”

Oscar’s sharp gaze noticed that there was something more to their relationship. Moreover, this elegant, charismatic, and seemingly familiar man before him was not an ordinary person.

Lisa then moved aside and made space for Jungkook. Hesitating for a moment, she said, “Grandfather, he’s Jeon Jungkook…. We… got married at the end of last year…”

“What?! You… You’re married to him?” In utter shock, a light flashed through his old eyes. He glanced at Lisa and then turned his eyes to Jungkook.

Jungkook soon calmed down and greeted politely, “Hello, Grandfather. I’m Jeon Jungkook.”

Oscar was a man who had gone through a lot. He soon suppressed the shock within him and asked, “This…what’s happening? Why do I not know about this at all? Does your father know?”

Lisa did not reply. Instead, she looked down silently. The answer was obvious!

“We wanted to visit home, but we got delayed because we found out that Father has gone outstation. Please forgive us, Grandfather,” Jungkook replied quietly as he sat down beside Lisa.

“Jeon Jungkook… You… Are you Jeon Jaeyoung’s son?”

Oscar felt that Jungkook’s face seemed familiar. Soon after jogging his memory, he got his answer. Jaeyoung had worked with him before and took over his job after he retired.

The corner of Jungkook’s lips lifted slightly, curving into an elegant smile. She gladly answered, “Father has always praised you highly. Grandfather, we should have visited you sooner.”

As he listened, Oscar paused, his old face flashing with a smile. “You are Jaeyoung’s son… Then, how did you two… How did you end up together?”

Oscar remembered that back then at his birthday banquet, Lisa had still been…

“He’s my senior and my superior.” The person who answered was Lisa as she shot Jungkook a look. Then, she took a cup for him and poured him some tea. “He’s very good to me, so we got married. Grandfather, you don’t have to ask anything. Just wish us well.”

Pausing as she looked up to Oscar, she said, “I’ve been doing well. I wanted to go back and visit you before the New Year. Mother mentioned it too, but after we thought about…”

When she said this, Lisa did not continue, but Oscar already understood her. He fell silent for a moment, then nodded. “Since you’ve put it this way, I won’t say too much either. You’ve found a good home for yourself. Obviously, I’m happy. By the looks of it, your father doesn’t know either, I suppose?”

Oscar was no stranger to the name Jeon Jungkook at all. In fact, he was Jaeyoung’s son. Their family background was celebrated and worthy of admiration. Besides that, he had previously heard of the Jeon family’s young master being a rare talent. At today’s meeting, he could see that he was outstanding indeed!