0:21

But Grandfather had drank it then too...

Her body felt stiff and weak as she leaned against the wall. Her dimmed eyes stared quietly at Deng Wenwen and her eyes that firmly endured this were still flickering with a mixed light

Desolation, disappointment, gloom, sadness, and even pain...

Seeing that gaze, even Mingyu could not help but feel something on the inside while Deng Wenwen just turned away and pretended that she had not seen that.

"W-why?" Lisa held both her hands and asked with a ton of effort.

Deng Wenwen did not answer as Mingyu just looked at her and smiled faintly. Then, he moved closer towards Lisa.

"Sis! Are you leaving when you've just arrived?"

At this moment, Luna's voice suddenly came. Before the crowd could react, the little figure instantly rushed over and when she saw Mingyu and Deng Wenwen, something flashed in her eyes. Then, she looked at Lisa...

"Luna!"

Hanbin trailed after her.

"Sis, are you okay? Why do you look so pale?"

Luna went over and wanted to hold onto Lisa's arm, she just took a step back, evading her with a gaze that was both hostile and distant. "Don't touch me."

"Sis, are you okay? You look really pale. I'm really worried about you! Don't be like that, alright? I... seeing you like this, I... I feel really pained..."

Lisa stiffened as she bit her scarlet lips and teared up. She turned pale too. "If it's still because of Hanbin that you... worst comes to worst... worst come to worst, I can just return him to you..."

Three voices were heard at the same time.

"Luna! What are you saying?!"

"Nana, you're crazy!"

"Nonsense!"

Lisa was having difficulty breathing. The hand that was supporting her against the wall was slowly losing strength. She raised her head and looked at Deng Wenwen in disbelief, yet she suddenly could not say anything.

Luna started crying all of a sudden, "I'm sorry, I can't. I can't accept a marriage without Sister's blessing especially when I... I just want your forgiveness, Sis... Lisa, how do I make you feel better? Would you forgive me, forgive everyone else if I let go?"

Luna's eyes were filled with tears as she looked at Lisa. "If that's the case, I'm willing to let go..."

"Luna!" Hanbin frowned as he dragged Luna over anxiously.

"Luna, what are you saying?!"

Dari looked at Luna in horror. Finally, she looked at Lisa. "Lisa, Hanbin and Luna are getting engaged soon. You know for yourself how Luna has treated you all these years. Why do you still cling onto the past when they are both in love with each other? Back then, Luna went out of her way to save your life. Is it so difficult to ask for your forgiveness now?"

"Mother, stop it!" Luna shouted at her.

"I'm just telling the truth. Isn't it all because of her that our family has become like this today? Your body is still weak because of that incident, yet now she's being ungrateful and isn't even willing to forgive you? Luna, you're too kind. You care about her and the peace within the Xi family. Don't you know that she doesn't appreciate all of these!"

Dari looked at Lisa with disappointment.

Lisa's face looked drained. Did they actually say that she was the one who had messed the family up?