1:90

She rushed downstairs, yet a black figure was a step ahead of her. That person pulled her aside. Before she could react, he had already rushed downward.

“Chit! Chit!”

His low and panicked shouts were heard, snapping Chaeyoung back from her dazed state, and she realized that it was Marco who had rushed down to hold Chitthip. He looked terrified and helpless.

“Are you okay? Huh? Are you okay? Chit…”

The instant he held Chitthip, he realized that she was much thinner and frailer than before. Her beautiful face was pale as Marco held her head. His hand was filled with warmth while the coppery smell of blood filled the air.

“Chit, wake up… Wake up…”

As he shook her, Chitthip who was already dizzy, opened her eyes with a lot of effort to look at him. After a long while, she said softly, “Don’t… Don’t tell Priya and my father first…”

Marco immediately felt a suffocating ache in his chest as he hugged her tightly in his arms. “We’re going to the hospital. I’m sending you there right away. Chit, don’t be afraid…”

Sadness was concealed in his chest. He held back the surge of feelings that threatened to drown him although his eyes could not help but become teary. He quickly carried Chit and rushed up the stairs. At this moment, many people had come to surround the stage. Some reporters even came up and their cameras were snapping away at this scene!

“Marco! Where are you going?!”

“Father!”

When Dari and Luna saw this, they quickly went up to him and blocked him because at this moment, if he left just like that, he might never belong to them ever again!

“Marco, stop right there!”

Dari wanted to reach out and hold Marco by the sleeve. Her red eyes glittered with tears. “Marco, don’t leave… Don’t… I just didn’t want her to block my way. It was the floor that was too slippery…”

“Move away! All of you, move away!”

Marco dodged them, and with bloodshot eyes, he glared at Dari angrily. “If anything happens to her, you will pay the price. Just watch out!”

After he left with this remark, he rushed outside with Chitthip in his arms.

Dari was shocked to hear this!

“Father! Father!” Luna was anxious and wanted to chase after him, yet she was worried about leaving Dari, who looked dazed, behind.

“Aunty!”

When Chaeyoung finally regained her senses, she could not care less and quickly picked Chitthip’s things up before she chased after them in a panic.

When Hanbin rushed over, he only saw the ghastly sight of blood on the bottom floor. Dari was currently weeping in Luna’s arms while Luna slowly moved outward with the protection of bodyguards. The camera flashes kept coming, and it was only a moment before everyone around knew that Dari had pushed Chitthip down the stairs and made the Mayor very angry.

It looked like tomorrow’s news was going to be hot!

Hanbin looked in the direction where Marco had left, worry surfacing in his eyes. He looked around, and when he saw Dari and Luna, he suddenly felt gloomy and a mix of emotions rose up within him.

When she saw Hanbin’s cold and sharp gaze, Luna wanted to explain, yet his hostile voice chilled her heart that it hurt. “Hanbin, Mother didn’t do it on purpose… She just wanted Chaeyoung to…”