1:57

In the afternoon, the sun lit up the vast sky.

Inside Boonlong’s study room, a beautiful tune was playing. Lisa was holding a bowl of snow fungus porridge on a tray as she passed along the corridor. She could hear the tune clearly when she was getting closer.

Boonlong should be playing the accordion again…

As she went into the room, Boonlong was sitting on a tall stool right beside the balcony window. He was playing the accordion alone as a cool breeze passed by and rustled the curtains. Looking at this scenery, she felt…

His white hair and skinny figure…

Lisa stood by the door for some time. She did not go over and just watched his back in silence, starting to feel morose inside. Time was so cruel to take things and people away slowly.

The grandpa that used to play Go chess with her had turned old. It was so old that he seemed to struggle to even hold the accordion.

Lisa took a deep breath. She blinked her eyes and calmed herself down. Then, she went forward and arrived behind him.

Boonlong froze, then he put the accordion on the table beside as he panted slightly.

“Grandpa, your accordion is getting better and better.” Lisa helped him in.

Boonlong massaged his own shoulder. “It’s not that good now. I’m already panting after just one song. It must be the age.”

Lisa smiled. “You’re still pretty strong, Grandpa. You train yourself regularly. I just made this porridge. Have some! Mother is worried that you didn’t eat much during lunch just now.” She then handed the bowl of porridge to Boonlong.

Boonlong raised his hand to stop her. “Leave it there first. I’m not really hungry. Where’s your mother?”

“Mother went back to school. She said she’ll only come back tomorrow.” Lisa sat down at the empty spot beside Boonlong, then she opened the swaying curtains.

Boonlong nodded. “You’ve been with me for a few days. Go back to the Jeon Residence tonight. Have you been well?”

“I’m great. They treat me superbly and so does he. Grandpa, you don’t have to worry about me. I really like my current life… Actually, maybe I should’ve listened to your advice sooner. Then, everyone wouldn’t have needed to suffer all these years.”

There was glitter in Lisa’s eyes as she looked at Boonlong quietly.

“There’s no point saying all this now. It’s alright as long as you’re doing fine at the moment. What’s the point of thinking about the past? I’m really glad that you’ve settled down. My body is gradually getting weaker. I planned to let both of you take over Fuhua after your wedding, and you’ll be 28 after the New Year…” Boonlong sounded relieved. “Let me relax for a few years. The two oldies in the Jeon family are really free.”

Lisa was stunned, then she put on a smile. “I wanted to say that you’re tough enough to work for another few years, but your words put me at a loss as to what to say.”

“Don’t say anything then. I’ve talked to Gguk-ah about it. Familiarize yourself with the property industry through the South River project, so you guys can take over Fuhua better.”

“Mmm, I understand. By the way, Grandpa, you mentioned that someone from Kim Group approached you before. Are you familiar with them?” Lisa suddenly remembered this. She also got Inspector Zhang to investigate it several days ago.

Boonlong frowned when he heard Lisa’s question. After a while, he replied quietly, “Kim Group is a really strong opponent. The Kim family is one of the prestigious families in Seoul as well. I’m not really involved with them. I’d just sometimes bump into Kim Mansik at banquets and have some small talk with him.”