0:82

Dari seemed extremely upset and her hands had clenched into fists under the table. "He doesn't love me? Don't forget that I'm now Marco's legal wife. As for you, Chitthip, you're just his ex-wife." She could feel her energy welling up inside as she sat upright with her back straight and stared right into Chitthip's eyes.

"I've never denied your position as the mayor's wife. I hope you don't drag my daughter in between our matters. I left and let you guys be because I wanted the war to stop. Didn't we live peacefully all these years? Why do you have to break the peace?"

A cold light lingered in Chitthip's clear eyes as she looked back into Dari's eyes. "I understand my daughter's personality well. She wouldn't have done anything if you guys didn't do anything that crossed the line. As for your daughter taking Hanbin away, it doesn't matter to her anymore. I hope that these things can end. Otherwise, I don't mind talking to Marco personally."

"Look at how lightly you're taking this! On the day of Luna and Hanbin's engagement, your daughter came over and ruined their engagement party. She even injured Luna. How should I deal with this? Moreover, she said that you handed the document to her. Is that true?" Dari's expression was turning furious.

Chitthip put her cup down and looked at Dari like she was watching a clown performing. "Lisa is my only daughter. Whatever I own belongs to her, so what's wrong about that? You guys tried so hard to get back the 20% share. Isn't it meant to be Luna's dowry? I don't know on what basis did you come to look for me. Even if Elder Madam is here, I can only say that I'm sorry. I've sold the 20% shares off."

"Who did you sell it to?" Dari's expression froze as she clenched her fists even tighter the moment she heard Chitthip's words.

"You'll find out soon enough. I've told you guys to not bother us again. I won't be this easy-going anymore if you leave me no choice!" A strong voice reached them before Chitthip could reply. They looked over to the source of the voice, then they noticed Lisa standing near their table.

She had a cold aura all around her as her eyes were focused on both of them. She went up and stayed beside Chitthip.

"Why did you come?" Chitthip frowned. Apparently, she did not want to involve Lisa in their mess, but it seemed that things just would not go her way.

Lisa looked at Chitthip without saying anything. Then, she averted her cold gaze to Dari. "You must be here because Luna made stories up about me again several days back, didn't she?"

"Make stories up about you? What was that? Luna and Hanbin are in love with each other, and all the years, don't you think that Luna has sacrificed a lot for you? Was there any time that she disobeyed your wishes? She misses you every time there's a festive season and she'd always prepare gifts for you. What about you? Do you really think that stabbing a knife into your shoulder could repay all these back?"

Dari was really concerned about her daughter. Of course, she would be upset when Lisa badmouthed Luna.

"If Luna's matter made you unhappy, come to me. Why do you have to involve my mother? Moreover, that document is with me and I've already sold it to someone, so it's futile for you to talk to my mother about it. Come to me if you have any problems. It's about time to settle the grudges from all these years."

Lisa was not exactly being calm now. She would get all defensive whenever she encountered matters like this. She suddenly took her phone out. "I believe my father has no idea about you meeting my mother today, does he? Since the topic is out on the table now, I'm going to ask my father if it's his intention to take the shares back from my mother."

Lisa scrolled through her contact list and dialed a number.

Dari's expression froze and turned odd. Hesitating to speak, she seemed like she wanted to stop her, but the call had already gone through.