1:99

Lisa paused before she subconsciously turned to look at Jungkook. When he saw him looking to Marco thoughtfully, she was about to say something. However, a light knocking on the door suddenly interrupted her.

The few of them quickly looked toward the door and saw Lucas whose arms were still tucked across his chest.

Lucas bowed slightly and called out softly, “Master."

Jungkook walked out unhurriedly.

-

Jungkook sat down on the bench in the corridor. Lucas quickly handed him a leather folder. “Master, these are the information we’ve got. We have Chan’s one too. Some other things are still being investigated.”

Jungkook reached out and took it. Opening it, he then casually pulled the document out. He briefly looked through it as well as the attached pictures, then nodded and put it back.

“Good job. This is an unexpected outcome. I’ve been considering how to shut the Yoo family’s mouth so that they won’t be able to refute. This is here just in time.” Jungkook’s brows lifted as he looked thoughtfully at Lucas.

A smile instantly surfaced on Lucas' handsome face. “This is all to Mark’s credit. Unexpectedly, he lives in Hongdae and saw Yoo Dari. He even remembered her. This might be God’s will.”

Jungkook’s gaze instantly stopped on Lucas' arm as he asked in a low voice, “How has your hand been feeling these two days?”

Lucas lowered his gaze and looked at his arm that was still bandaged. He then broke out into a smile. “It’s no big deal! It’ll be fine in a few more days. Don’t worry.”

“How is it on Grandfather and Grandmother’s end?”

Jungkook had not really called home in this period of time. He had just told them about Lucas' situation the other day.

“They sent over some servants to my place. They bought Qiqi’s clothes and shoes in the dozens! They even hired a pretty skilled footman for her. I’m sure they must be worried. Since the matters at Movie City have been handed over to VP Lee for now, I’ve been planning to go around the club every day with Qiqi. That way, I’d feel more assured.”

When he spoke about this, Lucas' tone seemed to have turned slightly heavy. “Master, have you investigated the other end’s matter clearly? Since we can prove that the driver was a cancer patient, I keep thinking there’s more to it. If you follow the clues, you might find something.

“Also, Master, previously I’ve been taking notes on the Gu family. After that incident, they’ve been close business dealings, but Kim Mansik never let Mingyu get involved with Kim Group and the Gu family collaborations. This is quite unbelievable.”

Lucas revealed his doubt as his eyes were dense with depth. “I’m very worried that if this incident wasn’t an accident, then…”

“Don’t confuse yourself first. If it wasn’t an accident, it’d actually be good for us. This means that someone is secretly going against us. As long as they make a move, then we won’t be far from the truth. I do hope that it was really Minjun. I’ve looked for them for quite a few years now. It isn’t him who needs to settle the score with me, but it is I who have scores to settle with him,” Jungkook responded with a cold expression. His eyes hid a faint gloom.

“Don’t worry, Master. I’ve already gotten people to inspect it. As long as they are in Los Angeles, we’ll turn the entire city upside down and find them.”

Lucas' tone was certain and his eyes concealed a hint of stern coldness. “That way, we can get Qiqi her justice. We must clarify what happened years ago. Why would Yugyeom have done that? His death is still so suspicious…”