1:59

Lisa could understand her circumstances. Although Yuqi and her were both hanging in there, how could they not feel lonely like this?

Now, she finally understood why Jungkook was so sure that she would like Yuqi. He probably predicted she would relate to her situation and that they could click with each other since they shared similar past experiences.

She was relieved that she pulled herself together. No matter how tired she was all this year, she had never abandoned her true self. Otherwise, she would have ended her life long ago because of the military school incident, or she might even have pulled off an act of violent revenge on Luna, then everything she had today would be non-existent.

Lisa, you’re still one lucky girl. Fate didn’t abandon you. What you’ve gone through before brought forth what you have today. Maybe you should still be thankful for fate!

Yuqi started laughing when she heard Lisa. “No wonder my brother said you’re silly. You don’t even know me well and you want to introduce me to your best friend? Aren’t you afraid that I might be a bad person who’s just skilled at acting?”

Startled for a moment, Lisa then replied, “I believe that people he regards highly must be exceptional, and they must be good people.” Her tone was serious.

Yuqi’s laughter got louder. “Sister-in-law, I noticed that you sure are pretty cute. I bet my brother must always tease you. However, he should be impressed by how trusting you are!”

“What about you? And Lucas…?” Lisa tried to slip in the question.

The smile on Yuqi’s face faded slightly after Lisa asked her that. However, it was unlike the bleak tone she had before. “Things can’t go back to what it was like in the past for us anymore. I know what you guys are thinking about. What’s happened has happened. Just like the scar on my face, it’ll be with me forever and I’ll never be able to wipe it off.”

Lisa’s heart sank when she heard Yuqi.

Undeniably, that was the truth, just like how she had been unable to move on from her past back then.

“I know how you feel, but I can see that Lucas really cares about you. Sometimes, it’s not so bad changing to a new lifestyle. Back then, when I just got married to your brother, my mother told me that at this point in my life, I should accept it when the feelings come…”

Lisa took a pause and a deep breath. “It was really tough to find someone who you like and who will treat you well at the same time. External factors aren’t what’s limiting you. It’s your own concern that’s limiting you. Life is short. We’re going to get old if we don’t love now. Be brave and wild.”

“Just like how I’d say to my mother. I’m sure you know about her condition with my father. I really hope you and Lucas don’t miss out on each other. It’s up to you whether you want to lead a good life.”

Lisa then suddenly stood up, turning her head around to look at Jungkook who had a mixed expression on her face at the moment. She smiled.

“I told your brother that the way Lucas looked at you is like how Father looks at Mother. I think that he must really love you. If you’re willing to let go of your past and accept him, I’m sure many years later, you two will become like Father and Mother.”

Lisa left those words for her as she walked past her in the sunset. Her words were like the wind that breezed through the bamboo forest, revealing a dark spot within Yuqi’s heart.

Life is short. We’re going to get old if we don’t love now. Be brave and wild.

Yuqi repeated this sentence to herself. For a brief moment, she could feel her eyes tearing up while her chest felt heavy, and a bitterness surfaced.