0:33

Jungkook chuckled without a word. He let her frown and sit quietly for a while before he said softly, "Fine, I really didn't consider it much. You've just committed a crime by being attached to a rebel. They're not monsters, so you don't have to worry."

As he said this, he tore his eyes away and looked down at the page in his hand before he continued, "Grandfather and Grandmother are quite loving. They won't trouble you. Father is amiable and gentle too, so it won't be too hard to communicate with him. Mother looks a little serious and indifferent. She doesn't talk much, but she's actually kind at heart and isn't hard to get along with. If you feel that it's hard to communicate with them, you can just ignore them. You just have to remember these few people. As for the rest, you don't even have to care.

"Even though it sounds like the Jeon family is quite huge on the outside, these few years, the relationships have faded quite a bit. You don't have to be too pressured. I'll let you know when the time comes. Then, I'll tell you what you need to take note of. With me here, what's there for you to be worried about?"

If he had not shared this, Lisa really would not have known anything about the Jeon family. She never did pay attention to such things.

She thought about it, then nodded. She ceased her questions. "You should prepare that gift by yourself. I'm not too sure about what they'll like."

"Mmm," Jungkook just answered.

Lisa then lifted the blanket and slowly got into bed, lying down on her side.

Jungkook's gaze was quiet as he watched the way she lay down with her back against him. On this huge bed that could easily fit five to six people, she lay at the side and only took up less than a tenth of the space.

His silent and profound eyes flickered slightly, then he said softly, "Are you afraid?"

When she heard him, Lisa's frail body was startled for some reason and she instantly stiffened. Jungkook could see that her fingers clutched onto the blanket tightly, turning pale.

"N-no..." Lisa's clear voice was heard.

However, just as she said this, she heard the rustling of the blanket being lifted, and before she could react, a huge hand gripped her waist and pulled her in, delicately avoiding the injury on her shoulder.

She could not help but cry out in alarm. The faint warmth that suddenly came behind her made her turn rigid and she dared not move. The quiet and elegant fragrance that came close to her nose made her fall into a daze.

"Don't worry. I won't go to the point of disregarding your injury. I'll give you time, but I hope it won't be too long." His deep voice rang out with a depth and some raspiness, warming Lisa's heart when she heard it for some reason.

She fell silent for a moment, then after a long while she turned her head slightly. She looked towards him and met his deep eyes. She thought about it before lightly breathing in, then she answered softly, "I know. Thank you."

"I don't want to hear those two words anymore from now on. Alright, it's late. Go to sleep," said the man before his grip on her waist slowly loosened.

Lisa then eased up while he did not move anymore. The vague warmth from his chest traveled through the narrow of her back. The air was filled with his elegant and cold aura, and the sound of his faint breathing was audible.

She subconsciously opened her eyes and turned to look at him, realizing that his eyes were already closed. His long eyelashes and his noble and elegant handsome face that was showered with the dim yet warm wall lamp made him look somewhat distant and out of this world.