0:09

The rain infiltrated the cold and lonely city along with the cold wind. Maybe Lisa was not the only one feeling miserable in this cold rain, but this was the first time feeling the heart-wrenching pain so clearly.

She had not even felt this sort of excruciating pain when Hanbin left her coldly. She thought it might be better if she just passed out. At least, she did not have to suffer.

+

“Master, that looks like Director Manoban!” Assistant Bang Chan suddenly exclaimed as the car moved forward.

Jungkook frowned as he was scrutinizing the data in his laptop. He raised his head and looked at the direction Chan pointed in. He saw a woman in a beige windbreaker squatting on the ground of the parking lot, seeming to look for something.

“Master, it’s Ms. Manoban!” Lucas, who was driving, recognized Lisa instantly.

“It’s Director Manoban, alright. She seems to be drunk and it’s pouring outside!”

Chan was the assistant to the previous president of Glory World Corporation, Joonwoo, and he was now the assistant to Jungkook. He used to work in the head office and knew Lisa. He always had a favorable impression of the smart and beautiful Director Manoban.

+

Lisa had no idea how long she searched for. She could not find her keys. Waves and waves of dizziness hit her. Her outfit was all soaked through and she barely managed to stand by leaning on her car.

She was very drunk when Jungkook's car stopped beside her. Her eyes could not focus properly and she seemed a little surprised when Jungkook appeared before her. Her soft lips opened slightly and she was about to say something, but nothing came out of her mouth. Before she could, she blacked out.

-

Jungkook swiftly stepped forward and held her falling body.

“Master, it really is Ms. Manoban. Her wound hasn’t recovered yet!” Lucas frowned as he looked at the girl Jungkook held. He did not miss her hand that was still bandaged. A strong stench of alcohol permeated the air and it was pretty uncomfortable.

“That’s some strong alcohol I’m smelling. Just how much did Director Manoban drink?”

Chan was surprised to find the unconscious Lisa. He had no memory of Lisa being drunk, not even during company dinners.

“Master, let’s get back into the car. The rain is getting heavier!” Lucas quickly opened the car door.

Jungkook frowned and looked at the girl in his arms. He glanced at the ground and found the keys. Chan picked it up as Jungkook turned around and hurried towards the car.

“Where do you stay?” Jungkook asked Lisa as he helped her into the car. However, Lisa was already sound asleep and did not hear him at all.

“Cough…”

Lisa leaned towards the window uncomfortably after coughing for a little. Her body shivered and curled up. Her hair seemed pretty wet too.

“Master, where should we go?” Lucas asked from the driver’s seat.

Jungkook raised his head and realized that they were at a crossroads. He turned and look at the drunk Lisa as he was silent for a second. Then, he said, “Go back to Maple Residence.”

At Maple Residence, Jungkook's private villa in the Grand Waves Villa area.

He then turned to take a blanket from the back to cover Lisa's quivering body. Afterward, he took the documents beside him and continued reading.