0:62

She went silent and threw the papers away into the dustbin. Just as she was about to leave with her briefcase, her office phone rang.

"Hello?" She picked it up swiftly.

It was a call from the receptionist on the first floor.

"Hello? Is this Director Manoban?"

"I'm Lalisa Manoban."

"Hi, Director Manoban. There's a Mr. Bruschweiler here asking for you. Would you be able to meet him?"

When she walked out of the building, she saw a black car parked in the public parking space opposite. Marco was standing beside his car as he looked upwards at the enormous building.

He averted his gaze away from the building when he noticed Lisa walking towards him and he looked at her calmly.

"What are you doing here?" Lisa asked coldly as she arrived before him

There were many people walking in and out of the building at the moment, so she walked to a nearby flowerbed.

"Didn't we ask you to come back the other day? I was passing by, so I decided to drop by." Marco's voice sounded tranquil, yet his eyes were looking at Lisa sharply. A strong determination that could not be ignored lay in his eyes, forcing people to succumb to him as usual.

"I'm not going back," she said indifferently.

"We want to take a full family photo during this occasion. It's what everyone wishes for. Going back just for a little bit wouldn't take too much of your time." Marco looked at her as he gave it some thought. He then said quietly, "It's the New Year soon. I have something for your mother too..."

"It's fine. My mother never wanted anything from you, so you can keep them for your wife and daughter. I just hope that you and the people from the Bruschweiler family can stop bothering me and my mother ever again. Can you please let Mother go?" Lisa looked squarely at Marco in the eyes.

He almost forgot that although her daughter did not seem very close to her mother, she was actually very protective of Chitthip. Every time she was mentioned, she would get oddly worked up.

Marco suddenly frowned before he asked Lisa, "Did they go to look for your mother?"

His eyes darkened for a brief moment when Lisa did not reply to him, but they swiftly returned to normal. "Are you sure you're not coming back with me?"

"What for? To just smile and witness how happy they are, or do you want me to keep Kim Group's Master company? Become his lover? And then marry him?" Lisa laughed coldly as a headstrong aura shrouded her slim body. She took a deep breath and calmed her emotions down. "You're my father who gave me life, so I respect you that much, but this doesn't mean I'll always succumb to the Bruschweiler family. I'm tired. If you guys are going to treat me this way, don't think that all of you will have it any easier!"

"That's enough, Lisa! Don't speak that way! You're the same as your mother. Can't you give in?" Marco frowned with a mixed expression. His deep eyes hid too many secrets. Lisa had never seen through him just like how she had never seen through what Chitthip was thinking.

"Give in? Give in to you marrying Yoo Dari and letting Luna into the Bruschweiler family? Have you forgotten how I pulled on your leg and begged you to not let Mother leave? I was forced to be dispelled from the military academy. Pray, clarify, how did I beg you to help me again?"

Lisa laughed at herself and took another deep breath. "You're my father. Please tell me why do I have a father like you? Ever since I was little, Luna has taken away everything that should have been mine. What else did you do apart from looking on quietly? Whatever! There's no point talking to you about this anyway. I'm sure I made my point clear. Go back. I really don't want to see you."