1:01

Yeri's eyes glittered and looked at her boss in surprise as she asked, "Director Manoban, isn't this...?"

Lisa then realized her mistake. She answered after a brief moment of silence, "I borrowed it from him."

She then took the bags from Yeri and stuffed them on the passenger seat.

"Oh..."

As if Yeri understood something, she glanced at Lisa ambiguously with a smile. "Director Manoban, actually you look great with Chairman Jeon. It's fine if you two aren't really close relatives! Everyone in the office feels that the both of you are a matching pair!"

"Why do you guys think we're a pair?" Lisa frowned and asked.

She remembered Chaeyoung having said something similar before as well, but she thought that Jungkook and her just happened to be together. They respected and understood each other. Aside from the relationship between an employee and employer, they were just room buddies...

"Hmm... I'm not sure! We just kind of feel comfortable watching the both of you together! Director, if you really become the chairman's wife, then our departments will become in-laws. Will we be considered first when there are any benefits?" Yeri voiced out her cheeky thoughts as her eyes lit up.

Lisa laughed. "Always thinking of such things! I'm leaving now. You can go back first."

She then quickly got into the car and drove away, heading towards the road up front.

Lisa gave Jungkook a call after she was on the road. She told him she might be back a little later tonight.

Jungkook and Lucas went to the location of the developing Movie City for inspection. He had left Maple Residence early in the morning and did not drop by the office at all.

It was not time for everyone else to leave work yet, so there was no traffic. Lisa arrived at the north of the city about an hour later. She stopped the car beside the rundown and desolate orphanage.

She got down from the car and glanced inside through the rusty steel bars. The playground was unusually empty and the whole place seemed quiet.

After staying silent for some time, Lisa grabbed the two bags and went inside after locking the car.

"Miss... It's you!"

There was a surprised voice as Lisa walked past the cemented path. She raised her head and saw the elder chief of the orphanage, Lady Baek, as well as Teacher Li.

"It's Ms. Manoban!" The old chief put on a smile and greeted her.

The chief only knew Lisa's surname. Although she wanted to get her name in the orphanage to thank her for all the donations she had given, Lisa had declined her.

Every time she came over, she would just leave the items aside and watch the children outside for a while before leaving.

"Happy New Year! I was working nearby so I came over to take a look." Lisa's face softened and she greeted them respectfully before she handed the things to Teacher Li. "These are some gifts for the children. Are they doing alright?"

Teacher Li was startled for a moment before accepting the two bags with a smile. There was some warmth in her voice. "Thank you, Ms. Manoban! The children are doing well. Don't worry, but..."

Suddenly, Teacher Li stopped talking. She turned around hesitantly and looked at Lady Baek. There was an unspeakable sorrow in her eyes.

Lady Baek seemed depressed as well and her weary eyes darkened as she let out a long sigh. "Ms. Manoban, you should go and take a look at those children. This place is going to be demolished in a few days..."