Chapter 4

According to her understanding, Wu Pingping should be a high school graduate at this time. It wouldn't be easy for a young graduate to find a foothold in S City, let alone supporting a child to attend high school.

Wu Pingping was no simple character. Most importantly, the novel had never mentioned such a character in the first place. The d*mn author was too lazy so she dumped all the important roles of being a parent and a sibling all onto this one sister.

Lin Xin resisted the impulse to curse and sighed, "This is good news. I heard that S City is very large and prosperous."

Wu Anan cheerfully replied, "My sister also said that when I go to S City, I can write you letters." After realizing how inappropriately eager she was, Wu Anan secretly peeked at Lin Xin. Seeing that her roommate wasn't upset, she sighed in relief. Lin Xin had truly changed. In the past, whenever she would mention how Wu Pingping promised to pick her up and bring her to the outside world, Lin Xin would usually throw a fit.

The previous 'Lin Xin' was like a frog at the bottom of the well, full of yearning for the sky. Despite her desires, she also feared the outside world. So while she yearned for it, she did not dare to approach it. Having been raised in a small orphanage within a remote town, she felt as if her life was decided. For Wu Anan, who was blessed with a sister's love and care, 'Lin Xin' was truly envious.

The current Lin Xin was different. Rather than a twelve-year old, she was actually twenty-eight years old. From her youth till her adulthood, she was the favored child of her parents. She was quite the school tyrant from primary school until her university days. Unfortunately, when Lin Xin graduated from college, her parents died of a car accident. From then on, her life fell into hell. She played games and read novels all day to forget her depression, all until she transmigrated over to this novel's world.

Lin Xin did not share the troubles and helplessness of a young child. She had read enough textbooks and guides in her previous life. In this world, she plans to once again complete her nine-year compulsory education, acquire her ID card, then venture out to see the world. Perhaps this era coincided with her original world somewhere; she just might regain her old life if she gives it a try.

"Well, after I graduate from junior high school and get my ID card, I'll go to S City and look for you. You'll have to take me in by then." As an adult, Lin Xin knew that having more friends opens up more opportunities. As for the plot's developments and each character's roles, she didn't have anything to do with it. Lin Xin was at least very fond of Wu Anan's outgoing character.

"I'll tell my sister when I get there." Wu Anan carefully put the letter back in its envelope and placed it securely in her pockets.

Lin Xin knew that after the lights were out at night, Wu Anan would hide under her bed and read Wu Pingping's letter over and over again. The two sisters had a good relationship.

Lin Xin envied her roommate's relatives. Lin Xin was an orphan in her previous life and in this world, so her heart was inevitably depressed. She no longer spoke and quietly listened to Wu Anan's chatter. Later that day, she ended up going to the cafeteria without much thought. Since it was mealtime, everyone lined up in an orderly fashion.

The cafeteria had an old fashioned style: a wall separated the kitchen and the dining area, while a small window with iron bars provided an opening between the two rooms. The opening below the steel bars were only a foot wide. This was where the meals from the kitchen were passed through. Such a small space meant that only one child can be served at a time, and each child is not allowed to take another's share.

Wu Anan pulled Lin Xin up in line where five children were already waiting. When the pair of girls finally reached their turn, Zhao Qiang and his two brothers suddenly cut in line in front of them before presenting their own lunch boxes up before the canteen lady.

Zhao Qiang pointed to the biggest piece of fat in the tray, "I want that piece of meat."

Lin Xin furrowed her brow in disgust. Although she felt disdain, she believed that scolding them would be a waste of her saliva, especially for such a trivial matter.

Wu Anan however, was not content with inaction. She stomped her foot angrily and demanded, "Zhao Qiang, go to the back of the line like you should!"