Chapter 145

Wu Anan took a step back and incredulously looked at Lin Xin. Then, her eyes fell on Lin Xinyu.

"You told her everything?!"

Lin Xin did not want to be an enemy. As to why Lin Xinyu got entangled with Wu Anan after her death, she didn't know. But she was sure that Lin Xinyu would not fall in love with Wu Anan. She told the truth to make her give up.

Lin Xinyu did not speak, pushing Lin Xin around the corner. It wasn't important to him. Just like the rest of them, it didn't matter.

This time, Wu Anan did not get at them, and they got into the elevator without a hitch.

Lin Xin asked, "What went on with you and her?"

Lin Xinyu said that he'd approached Wu Anan to glean the whereabouts of Fang Qingtian.

It was half a year ago for Lin Xin, hard for her to remember. Whenever she thought of Lin Xinyu's misdeeds, she still felt awfully suffocated. Depressed, she no longer spoke. Lin Xinyu sensed her displeasure. The two silently got out of the elevator.

Aunt Hui had prepared lunch at home. When she heard the doorbell, she went to open the door. Seeing Lin Xinyu with a girl she'd never seen come in, she was stunned and took a second to welcome them in.

"Come in, come in. How come Xiaoyu's free to come back today? Who is this?" Her curiosity was hard to conceal.

Lin Xinyu pushed Lin Xin inside. Afraid Lin Xin would feel hot, he took the blanket off her lap and replaced it with a thin one, "Mom, she's my fiancée. I wanted to introduce her to you."

Aunt Hui froze for a minute, and tears fell. She lifted the corner of her apron to wipe the corner of her eyes and said, "Good, good. I'm so glad to see you're getting married and can have children. Right, I'll call your father and tell him to come back for lunch."

With that, she turned to the bedroom to get her cell phone. In the bedroom, there was a cry of joy and tears. "Honey, come back soon. Xiaoyu is getting married and brought his girlfriend home."

After the phone call, Aunt Hui remembered that she had not yet received Lin Xin. She came to the living room with a cup of tea for Lin Xin, and Lin Xinyu got food from the refrigerator.

Lin Xin accepted the tea and looked around. Everything here remained the same as when she'd run out of the house. The only thing that had changed was the extra photos on the living room's white walls, all of which were taken by Lin Xinyu as a teenager. Around the neighborhood, in the park, in the amusement park when she ate ice cream. A girl smiled with her eyebrows arched, happy as if she had the whole world. In all of them, she smiled at Lin Xinyu. At that time she treated Lin Xinyu as her entire world.

When Aunt Hui saw her fascination, she glanced at Lin Xinyu, who was washing fruits in the kitchen and said to Lin Xin, "This is my daughter. She has been dead for ten years. Did Xiaoyu mention her to you?"

Lin Xin said, "He did mention her."

Aunt Hui seemed relieved and sat on Lin Xin's side, "It's good that he did. Xiaoyu... the child suffers."

Lin Xin did not know how to answer. She bowed her head and said, "I know."

Aunt Hui thought Lin Xin knew everything and patted her hand. "That's good to hear. For half a year after her death, he didn't eat or drink. After hanging nutrient solutions for half a year, one day his father said, if he didn't eat or drink, her heart will die with him. He ate slowly, threw up, and ate again. It took another half a year for him to get well. He's going to marry you, so he'll be nice to you, you won't have to worry about anything."

Lin Xinyu brought a fruit platter, put it on the coffee table, and asked, "What is Mom talking about?"

Aunt Hui stood up and said, "Xiaoyu, introduce us properly."

Lin Xinyu sat down, picked up a grape and peeled it, and said, "Meet Lin Shuxin, mom. Just call her Xinxin." Then he fed the peeled grapes to Lin Xin. When she finished eating, he took the seeds she spat out and threw them into the dustbin, then peeled another one.

Aunt Hui was stunned when she heard her name. Hearing Lin Xinyu telling her to call her 'Xinxin' and seeing the care he gave to Lin Xin, a burst of bitterness permeated her heart.

She thought a girl had walked into Lin Xinyu's heart. She was glad Lin Xinyu had forgotten his pain and was starting a new life. Who knew he longed for another, and so fervently? At the same time, it was not a bad thing for Lin Xinyu.

She looked at the old pictures of Lin Xin on the wall and then at Lin Xinyu, lost in la la land with no one but Lin Xin. She could not persuade herself to accept Lin Xin.

Aunt Hui's face darkened. "I'll cook, you watch TV."