Chapter 162

Li Shunming raised his head to look at her and said, "Lil 'Ya only wants to find Lin Xinyu right now. Be good, and I won't make things difficult for you. As for the matters of the past, we'll talk about them later." Behind the lens, his eyes were icy as if he had seen through everything and was waiting for the right moment to bite down.

Lin Xin didn't want or dare to say anything. She stood in the living room, watching the interaction between the uncle and nephew. Li Shunming took off Li Ya's pants, then took him to the washroom to wash and change into a clean set of clothes. He took the dirty pants and threw it to Lin Xin.

"Wash the clothes."

Lin Xin took the clothes and obediently went to the laundry room to wash them. After Li Shunming had pacified Li Ya, he saw that Lin Xin had almost finished washing the clothes without a hint of resistance and stood at the door of the laundry room. "You've died once, I'm afraid you're more afraid of death than anyone else. Cherish your life, and don't try to escape."

Lin Xin's heart froze. He knew that she was the Lin Xin of the past? She turned her head and asked, "How do you know?"

Li Shunming said, "Xiao Ya told me. He said you were a demon. When I heard Xiao Tian call you Lin Xin, I was convinced of my suspicions."

To think that he knew her identity. That year, she personally cut off what he had as a man. Shouldn't he seek revenge on her? What did he mean by not attacking her?

Li Shunming saw through her doubts and explained. "Do you remember how you died ten years ago?"

The clothes in Lin Xin's hands fell into the basin. Ten years ago, to her, it was just like half a year ago. That girl's father rushed towards Lin Xinyu like a madman. She blocked a knife strike for him. Could it be...?

"You remember? It was me. I was the one who instigated him to follow Lin Xinyu and find an opportunity to take action. Why was Xiao Tian coincidentally there at that time? Because I wanted him to go, and he just happened to block his way." He was proud of his strategy. "Little girl, Uncle will tell you the truth. Everything is just right. It's not the will of heaven, but man's."

Lin Xin never thought he hid his strength so deep. In these ten years, he was thinking of how to kill Lin Xinyu? It seemed like he had not had the chance until today.

Li Shunming wasn't afraid of Lin Xin knowing. "I took Little Ya back not long after you died." When he mentioned Xiao Ya, his gaze descended upon Li Ya, who was playing with toys in the living room. His cold gaze became much gentler as he said, "He cries and shouts for Lin Xinyu every day. That is his only wish. I will fulfill his wish."

Hearing this, Lin Xin felt disgusted, she couldn't help but say: "Thinking of him, how could he after all he did to Xiaoyu back then?"

"Didn't you avenge him?" Li Shunming asked. His cold gaze fell on Lin Xin, he walked forward, picked up the kettle on the ground, and poured water on Lin Xin's hands without any warning.

"Ahh..."

"The weather is cold, let me offer you some hot water."

Lin Xin endured the heart-wrenching pain. She bit her lips and didn't utter a sound. She opened the cold water faucet to wash her trembling hands.

Li Shunming pushed his glasses up his nose. "Don't make me angry. The consequences will be severe."

Lin Xin didn't have the strength to speak. She clenched her teeth and asked after washing those pants, "Where do I hang the clothes?"

Li Shunming pointed to the balcony upstairs. Lin Xin carried the clothes upstairs. The balcony above was not big and was equipped with a security net. The house next door was about two meters away. Looking at the tightly shut door, it seemed no one lived there. If she wanted to leave, she would have to go through the main entrance. However, there were three big wolfdogs guarding the main entrance.

Lin Xin observed for a while but was unable to find a way to escape. She tore two cloths from her nightgown and bandaged the wound on her hand. At the foot of the stairs, she heard a commotion.

"Xiao Ya, stop messing around. Do you want to watch TV?"

"Yes, yes, yes! I want to see Ultraman! Uncle, I want to see Ultraman!"

"Come, come, sit on uncle's lap."

Lin Xin stealthily bent down, sizing up the uncle and nephew in the living room. She saw Li Ya sitting on Li Shunming's lap, watching television. The two of them were about thirty or forty years old, the difference in their ages wasn't that great. At first glance, they didn't look like uncle and nephew, but like brothers. Li Shunming wrapped his arm around Li Ya's waist and helped him peel an orange. He took a slice and stuffed it into his mouth. Li Shunming's expression was as if he was looking at a lover, so gentle that it could drip water.

Lin Xin finally understood why Li Shunming hated Lin Xinyu so much.