Chapter 143

As if everything were natural, Lin Xinyu went down and brought braised meat. With white rice on top of a small piece and a few vegetables, afraid Lin Xin would not eat too much. After eating the braised meat and two bites of rice, he stopped feeding her. He put down the bowl and chopsticks and massaged Lin Xin, first the arms and then the thighs, much more meticulously than the nurse. After all this, he washed the clothes Lin Xin had changed out of.

Lin Xin closed her eyes and fell into a deep sleep. She slept and woke up in the middle of the night. Opening her eyes, she saw Lin Xinyu staring at her brightly. When he saw her wake up, he asked, "Would you like some water?"

Lin Xin shook her head and said, "Come and sleep with me."

Lin Xinyu looked at her incredulously, and then quickly took off his outerwear and got under the blanket. He wanted to hold Lin Xin but did not dare, so he had to pull back his hands, but still stuck his body to her. Lin Xin lay, unable to turn over or move. Amused, seeing him pull his arms away, she leaned her head against him, touching his shoulder, and rubbed twice against it. Lin Xinyu slowly rested his hand on her shoulder and moved even closer to her side. Lin Xin could smell him, a faint, leafy fragrance. It was good and reminded her of the past.

She closed her eyes but couldn't sleep, and suddenly thought of Han Keman.

"If I didn't come back, would you be with Han Keman?" she asked.

Lin Xin waited for Lin Xinyu to answer... She turned her head and saw Lin Xinyu asleep. The long eyelashes hung like small fans.

I don't think he's slept these days. Since I decided to be with him, I'll let it pass. It doesn't make sense to bring it up.

Early the next morning, Lin Shuhao broke into Lin Xin's room. God knew how busy he'd been lately. He didn't know what his parents smoked, to suddenly decide to retire. He had to take care of all the things in the company. He worked overtime every day until two or three o'clock in the morning, eating and sleeping at the office. When he heard his sister woke up, he ran home before dawn. But when he opened the door, what he saw was Lin Xinyu sleeping with his sister in his arms.

And his sister asked him to keep his voice down, so as not to disturb Lin Xinyu! He approved of Lin Xinyu, but he was reluctant to accept that they were sleeping in the same bed at their house. He bitterly asked, "Have you decided to be with him?"

Lin Xin carefully said, "Well, don't bother him from now on. He's my man now."

Lin Shuhao seemed to have drunk a bottle of vinegar, sour enough to make his teeth fall, but had to swallow it. Two days ago, he was worried that his sister fell in love with him, and now she has someone she loves.

And she was defending him, afraid he'd wake up.

Oy, oy, oy...

Lin Shuhao said, "It isn't good for you to sleep with him at home. Although Mom and Dad like Lin Xinyu, they are at odds in regards to propriety. If you really want to be together, get married, or you'll tear the negotiation apart."

His little sister was dear, cohabitation before marriage, unmarried pregnancy, it was better not to risk it.

Lin Xin thought Lin Shuhao would make a long speech, but he let her marry Lin Xinyu. Things were going too fast for her to get used to.

Just then, Lin Xinyu "woke up". He sat up excitedly and said, "I think so, too."

He must have woken up a long time ago and jumped when he heard Lin Shuhao talk about marriage. Look at his anxious face, so funny, so infuriating.

Lin Xinyu got out of bed, put on his coat, and pulled Lin Shuhao out of the room, going downstairs to find Father and Mother Lin. The old couple heard Lin Xinyu say they were going to get married. Lin Shuhao told them about seeing the two in the same bed that morning.

Lin Xinyu had been watching over Lin Xin these days, and it wasn't surprising to hear that. He knew their daughter so well and didn't like anyone touching her. It was obvious they only let them sleep together because of how much they liked him. So what was there for them to object to?

The marriage between the two was settled. At first, Lin Xin felt a little anxious, they didn't need to rush it.

But... Although making him her boyfriend was the first step, it could also be said to be the last. They'd inevitably be together, so there was nothing wrong with skipping the middle and going straight to the end. They already knew each other inside and out.

Lin Xin agreed to the marriage, Father and Mother Lin were very happy. They immediately asked a seer to assess their compatibility and unexpectedly, their compatibility was super high! They were even happier. It was announced with great fanfare that their daughter was going to get married.

The Lins were a respectable family, Lin Xinyu had good fortune, as soon as the news was released, the whole of S City discussed their wedding.

Lin Xin had just recovered. Lin Xinyu knew she was in poor health, but he didn't expect it to be so bad. Afraid to let her go out, he invited a designer to their home to tailor Lin Xin's wedding dress. Lin Xin didn't need to organize the wedding banquet, Lin Xinyu took care of it. Lin Xin only needed to stay fit and become a beautiful bride.

Lin Xinyu took care of Lin Xin even better than her nurse. He was skilled in medicine and conditioning. Lin Xin recovered from her coma many times faster than before, she was well enough to get out of bed in a week, albeit standing up was still too hard and she had to stay in a wheelchair.

After recuperating for a few days, Lin Xin wanted to go for a walk. Since she and Lin Xinyu knew each other and wanted to get married, she wanted to meet Aunt Hui. Lin Xinyu said she should let Aunt Hui come over. Lin Xin thought of what Aunt Hui said the day before she died. Everyone had feelings. Lin Xin had taken her as her mother. Whoever said elders should be the ones coming to see those younger?

Lin Xin insisted on going to see Aunt Hui. She was in good health, so Lin Xinyu agreed to her request. He drove her to Aunt Hui's, who still lived in that neighborhood from ten years ago. Lin Xinyu got off the car and settled Lin Xin in her wheelchair, and was about to push her into the elevator. Suddenly, three or four burly men blocked their way.

Lin Xin: What is this all about?

She saw Wu Anan slowly coming from afar. Her immaturity from several years prior faded away, she was even more beautiful. Wu Anan walked over brandishing seven cm heels, fierce, like a Queen.

Wu Anan waved to the men, who backed aside, making way for Wu Anan.

Wu Anan said to Lin Xinyu, "It was really hard to find you."

Hearing that he was getting married, she tried contacting Lin Xinyu but couldn't get through to him. She ran to his place and no one was there. She could only think of going to Lin Xin's house. But Lin Xinyu was prepared. He sent someone to guard the Lins, putting an end to her plans.

What he didn't expect was that she'd be waiting here.