Chapter 117

Cute things she had yet to eat were now before her very eyes. To say Lin Xin wasn't tempted in the slightest would be a lie. The cookies looked so beautiful... They sure must be delicious. She was moved, if only a little.

One who is unaccountably solicitous is hiding evil intentions. Buying the house next door? What did he mean to do?

Pointing to the villa 200 meters away, Lin Xinyu said, "Is it very strange for Miss Lin that I'd buy the house next door?"

Lin Xin also wanted to know, why had he?

"My girlfriend said she liked this house, so I bought it," Lin Xinyu said.

His girlfriend? Han Keman?

In all those years, after everything they'd been through together, he'd still liked her. On meeting a woman who looked just like herself, just one word from her and he bought a house!

Thinking about it, she still felt a bit of panic. Forget it. I have a boyfriend, and he isn't allowed to have a girlfriend?

Although the woman looked exactly like her, it was none of her business. All this was in the past, now one had to look to the future.

Lin Xin took the biscuits in his hand and politely said, "If you have time, you can have your girlfriend drop by."

Lin Xinyu said, "We're not married. She doesn't live here."

What does he mean by that? Does it have anything to do with the visit? Or did he buy the house because he was going to get married?

Lin Xin asked, "Are you getting married?"

Lin Xinyu, with a stiff face, stepped back and said, "Miss Lin, you are quite imaginative. We're still a long way from getting married."

"She likes the house but doesn't live in it. What did you buy it for? Not for marriage? Then for what? Just look at the house like a toy every day? Raising a lover?"

In the face of Lin Xin's question, Lin Xinyu faintly said: "I just bought it first."

Seeing his indifference, Lin Xin couldn't help lecturing him. "If you like a person, don't go flirting left and right. Don't you have someone close to your heart?

"This isn't what you call love you know? I don't care if a person has had a few boyfriends and girlfriends, but a few boyfriends and girlfriends at the same time? I despise such people. Also, this kind of person is the worst person to use his feelings to achieve his goal. They've been with you for almost ten years, and they've done everything they have to. What do you mean by wasting time with them? Either leave or stay together, don't be confused."

Lin Xinyu gently raised the corners of his mouth and looked at Lin Xin with pleasure. When she finished, he said, "I know."

Lin Xin felt that all her words were in vain. She turned to close the door with biscuits in her arms. Lin Xinyu took a step forward, reached for the iron door, and put the back of her head to his chest. Lin Xin only felt that she had hit bricks, her neck couldn't help but shrink forward. He took back his arm and held her shoulder. Lin Xinyu exhaled on top of her head, a uniquely mature male appeal reached her face.

Lin Xin's heart beat half a beat slower, it was a very strange feeling, as if around him, there was slight happiness, wanting to spend time with him.

Lin Xin suddenly realized that he was flirting with her.

He had a f*cking girlfriend and a lover, and he's flirting with her? Did this cargo want to step on three boats? When have I taught him to be this promiscuous?

But she didn't seem to have taught him to treat love undividedly either. Does it mean that he did not recognize her, but felt that she was something like herself? Just like Han Keman, looking for a stand-in.

Lin Xin was horrified by the idea that had suddenly popped up, which was not impossible!

Sure enough, as others say, children are the most unpredictable species in the world. How did she raise this kind of scum!

Lin Xin pulled on his ear with one hand and threw away his biscuits with the other.

"Get out of here," Lin Xin said. "Don't let me see you again."

The smile on Lin Xinyu's face froze. Akin to a tearful clown, grotesque to the extreme. He bent down to pick up the biscuits on the ground, some were covered in dust so blew it away and put them all into the box. Suddenly, thinking of something, he got up and offered the biscuits to Lin Xin, who was about to enter the house.

"They're delicious." He looked at her brightly.

Try as she might, but she could not get rid of the child who'd followed her in the past.

Lin Xin thought in her heart. She brushed his hand away and said, "Who wants to eat off the ground? I told you not to let me see you. Get out."

With a bang, Lin Xin slammed the door, leaving Lin Xinyu standing there alone.

Feeling sick, Lin Xin went back to her room and shut herself in. Recalling those days in the orphanage, when the pain and humiliation were not as clear as those when he was with her. She felt more and more uncomfortable. She slept a while and felt a little better. At this time, Wang Changding called her and asked her to have dinner in the evening. She wanted to refuse, but thinking that neither had met these few days, it wouldn't be good to refuse. So, she accepted his invitation.

She was feeling a little better these past few days. She didn't faint as easily as she used to. Hearing that she was going on a date with Wang Changding, her family was not worried but told her to come back early.

"Don't spend the night out."

At the words 'night out', Lin Xin felt cold. She and Wang Changding had never held hands. How could they even think of that?