Chapter 142

Lin Xinyu hurriedly took off her pants, wiping her with water. When he came across her private part he paused and looked at Lin Xin's eyes. She was still immersed in grief. He closed his eyes and rubbed quickly. Quickly bringing her back to bed, he took a pair of underwear from the wardrobe to put on her.

Lin Xin was still immersed in sadness, the blow of peeing her pants was greater than any other. She always felt that she could be fearless, that she could move forward, and that she could be who she wanted to be. The truth was that she was as weak as a three-year-old. Everything was empty talk without a good body.

She didn't want to be weak, but she's weak now, a problem she'd been afraid to face after waking up months ago. She hid under her quilt, not wanting to speak, licking her wounds in self-pity.

Lin Xinyu lifted the edge of the quilt, revealing half her head. She looked at him nervously and stubbornly like a child whose self-esteem had been seriously hurt.

He touched her forehead, smoothening her hair, and said, "There's nothing wrong with that. I should have called the servant or aunt."

Lin Xin's nose soured, she couldn't help shedding tears. She choked up, saying, "I don't want to be weak. When Mom and Dad died, my aunt said she would take care of me. She took the money left by my parents and kicked me out."

She had a third memory that she could only tell him. She spoke on and off: how she was driven out of her aunt's and had to take back what belonged to her from her hands, how she had muddled through life. She talked about the past like a helpless child.

However, Lin Xinyu could not understand what she was saying, except that she had been wronged. All he thought of right now was that no one could mistreat her in the future. He wouldn't let that happen.

Patting her back he assured her saying, "Don't be afraid. Don't be afraid when you're with me."

No one will push you around again, nor will they laugh at you when you're weak. I will protect you so that you no longer have to face those people with a sharp attitude.

He kissed her on the forehead, just as she had kissed him before. The sense of familiarity put her at ease. She closed her eyes and saw blue waves. The wind blew up a fallen leaf. He jumped and grabbed it and facing the sun, said to her, "You see, there are many lines on it."

She looked up at him; tall, clear, and beautiful in the sun. She held out her delicate hands and he picked her up and sat her on his neck. Jumping twice, he said, "Isn't it time for us to go home?"

She grasped his hand as tightly as a little girl and fell into a deep sleep.

She no longer had to fear that she would be hurt because she was weak, nor was she afraid that she was the only one left in the world. She knew that someone would follow and protect her and that she could rely on him.

Could there be a greater happiness? She didn't know.

Something stirred her. Opening her eyes, she saw him again.

"Lin Xinyu," she said, "I think I like you a little bit. Would you like to be my boyfriend?"

At those words, he jumped out of his chair, picked her up, and spun her twice, then put her back on the bed, shyly asking, "Can I kiss you?"

Lin Xin looked at him with wide eyes for a few moments, but in the end, nodded.

Lin Xinyu lowered his head, moved a little closer to her side, and suddenly kissed her. He pecked her lips and pulled back. It happened in a flash.

He then stepped back, bowed his head, and said, "I'll go and see to the braised meat." And with that, he left the room at full speed.

Lin Xin's heart was thumping. She was just like a little girl awakening to love, cheeks flushed, hiding under the quilt, refusing to come out.